Ethernet Not Connecting Intel l211AT on ASRock X570 Gaming 4 - Monterey

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I see reading on SMALLTREEINTEL82576 github that there is an issue with some l211 NICS using the kext, it does not show connected nor pulling IP. I tried Intelmausiethernet.kext and it does not work. Anyone know of any work arounds or fixes? I attached the EFI in case there is something in there that I am doing wrong. I would appreciate any help.

MOBO: ASRock X570 Gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB PNY RGB DDR4 3600
SSD: WDSN850 512GB NVME
WIRELESS: FENVI T919

Working - Everything except expected like sidecar, and the Intel L211AT NIC. (No intel wireless, just NIC)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It's an issue with Monterey. There's another kext but it's not reliable. Connection will drop randomly and breaks after sleep. I bypassed this and got a Type C to LAN adapter. Works native in macOS so no issues getting it to work.

Something like this, https://amzn.to/3pMjees

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It's an issue with Monterey. There's another kext but it's not reliable. Connection will drop randomly and breaks after sleep. I bypassed this and got a Type C to LAN adapter. Works native in macOS so no issues getting it to work.

Something like this, https://amzn.to/3pMjees
I was gunna install a pcie rtl adapter but that might be a better option however. I did discover another issue, when I go to shutdown it reboots instead. Have you ever encountered that?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unsure how the BIOS options will be on the Gigabyte board but to fix it on ASUS you need to set this,

Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Disabled

There may be something similar.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.