ESXi 6.7 and Ryzen Guidance Needed

stx8

AMD OS X Member
Edit: I’m not quite sure what happened... but I ended up reconverting the VMDK file and then re-uploading it and for whatever reason it worked fine! I replicated this step again and was able to spin another one up without issue - so I am good! Since I can’t seem to delete this thread though, if anyone does have suggestions on how to build an ISO that would work on in this case that would be great too!

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted but searching through Google yielded me this forum and I wasn't able to get any hits on forum search...

I was able to find guides like the Vanilla Guide for a bare metal install, and then other types of virtulization like VMWare Player (https://amd-vm.hackintosh-guides.ml/) which was based on the Vanilla Guide it seems.

Since I was trying to get it on ESXi I first tried the VMWare Player guide. a VMDK was posted in that post. It didn't work first with ESXi but then I used the vmkfstools to get it to boot. I get the EFI as per the guide, but I can progress no further (get the x and boot loop). I'm not sure if it is something I am doing wrong or if that VMDK just does not work with ESXi..
If someone knows what I'm doing wrong for this process let me know...

If not, would I be able to use the AMD Vanilla guide, to download and then patch with kernel and should be able to install it fine afterwards? Since the Vanilla guide had a few other options to get it to work baremetal, I wasn't sure if I would be able to use a ISO patched with kernel and then install that. If that is indeed the route... if someone could outline the rough steps or point me in the right direction that would be great.

Thanks for the time

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.