Emergency Help Needed

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
I dont let my system sleep and use Amphetamine for that, I am not sure what happened but my device went to sleep and now I cant wake it even doing a full power cycle with unplugged PSU. I dont even know if clearing CMOS will help but Im stuck and cannot work currently.

I have searched around forums suggesting SSH connection but that does not work. Please Help

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
I dont let my system sleep and use Amphetamine for that, I am not sure what happened but my device went to sleep and now I cant wake it even doing a full power cycle with unplugged PSU. I dont even know if clearing CMOS will help but Im stuck and cannot work currently.

I have searched around forums suggesting SSH connection but that does not work. Please Help
Clearing CMOS did not help, any time i cycle power it goes back to a sleep state
If anyone has any info I am open to suggestions please

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
I am currently at the point that I cannot boot into BIOS or clear the sleep state. The only option I currently see is pulling the OS drive and manually wiping it and then reinstalling everything

Again If anyone has any other advice please let me know, this is my main system

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Welp @AudioGod I feel some of your pain, after muuuuuuuch testing my motherboard is done... CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU, and drives all test good in a B450 Gigabyte board. Tried a BIOS flashback with no luck so I email ASUS in hopes for an RMA since my board is 20 months old.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Any idea what caused it?

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Any idea what caused it?
Well funny story...

So obviously tracked the issue down to the motherboard which it was [spoiler... I fixed it] short story long though, after pulling everything apart and testing each component to figure out the issue I never actually pulled the board out of the case (this is important in a minute). I emailed ASUS to start the RMA process since my board is 20 months old, all gravy and got it going, well I need to pull the board to ship it to them and that means removing my AIO cooler bracket and back plate << This little bugger was foam padded so normally it wouldn't cause an issue however the ( I think they are capacitors ) capacitors that run vertically next to the CPU socket on the I/O side did not have the solder/pins trimmed down far enough and with my air cooler this never came up, but the AIO back plate foam pad squished down enough the one or two of the capacitors pins where touching the metal bracket and shorting.

This is the cool part though and props to ASUS toughness, I trimmed the solder and leads down like they should be, wipe everything down and inspect for any burns, decided to try it out and put everything back together... she fired right up with out missing a beat, so now I need to cancel the RMA since these ASUS boards are beasts but maybe better quality control in the future

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@marinekev88 Nice catch. There's a reason ASUS have a TUF brand lol. Glad you worked it out and are back online now.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That's a pretty hardcore way of fixing your issue. Respect.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.