either no sleep or missing USB´s - Ryzen1700X on AsRock AB350-ITX

lordvampire

AMD OS X Member
hey guys...

i managed to install catalina on my ASRock AB350-gamingITX with a Ryzen 1700X and a rx480 graphic-card.

to be honest, i am too dumb to build a opencore EFI from the scratch, so i googled around and found some working ones (opencore and clover) to start with..

now i have two best EFI´s, where one is a OpenCore0.58, where i even get sleep working well, but i am missing two of my USB-ports...
one another, which i used also for install is a clover EFI, where all my USB´s are working, but my system crashes, when going to sleep...

i really would like to get both (USB and sleep), but even reading the opencore manual twice didnt help me, since i did not get the point how to map my usb correctly...
i think this should be the easier way to take the one, where sleep works and map the usbs correctly, right?

I will attach my opencore EFI, a picture of IORegService, my DSDT.aml.... maybe one experienced can help me out..

Thanks in advance...

rx3700

AMD OS X Member

lordvampire

AMD OS X Member
thank you.. somehow i thougt i read that usbinjectall.kext should not be used, when cpu is AMD... i will try the script..

lordvampire

AMD OS X Member
i solved it... now i have all USB´s running perfectly AND sleeps works also without issues...

I just had to remove all the SSDT´s related to mapping first and than add two new one where i renamed the controller PXH to XHC2 and the XHCI to XHC0 .. now all my ports work without a need of any mapping kext (to block some ports)...

to my wonder sleep works well... what is interesting here was: i have two displays connected )cinema23" and a samsung.. sleep does not work, when i switch the connections of the displays on the graphic card.. now apple cinema display is on the display-port with an adapter, and the samsung is an DVI... if i change, it does not go to sleep somehow...

BespokeSystems

AMD OS X Member
i solved it... now i have all USB´s running perfectly AND sleeps works also without issues...

I just had to remove all the SSDT´s related to mapping first and than add two new one where i renamed the controller PXH to XHC2 and the XHCI to XHC0 .. now all my ports work without a need of any mapping kext (to block some ports)...

to my wonder sleep works well... what is interesting here was: i have two displays connected )cinema23" and a samsung.. sleep does not work, when i switch the connections of the displays on the graphic card.. now apple cinema display is on the display-port with an adapter, and the samsung is an DVI... if i change, it does not go to sleep somehow...

Hi LordV,

sorry to be cheeky but is there any chance you could share your working opencore setup (EFI etc) so I can get my ab350 up and running, new to this OSX lark so could o with stealing your brain and hard work if that's ok? ;)

jasonwu

AMD OS X Member
Hello, it's a coincidence that my device is exactly the same as yours, except that I use the rx580 graphics card. Can you share your EFI.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.