EFI FOLDER INSTALL TO NVME

ftln

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

Just made a fresh install to a supported NVME drive (was using SSD before).

One thing I notice is that when I mount the EFI on the freshly installed NVME drive I can see files from Apple and I'm not sure where I should place the EFI files from my installer (Boot) disk, any ideas ?

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 08.52.00.png

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Might be a Apple Firmware update, I think OpenCore 0.5.9 will bring some options in that regard.

Anyway, you should be able to just put your folders there and boot as usual.

ftln

AMD OS X Member
So I deleted the EFI folder which was in the EFI partition and copied over my EFI folder and the boot file from my USB disk installer disk and it just refuses to boot. Tried about 5 times today to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid.

Everytime I get this when I choose MacOS in clover (I'm now back running catalina from SSD):

i1KxMotXOgEjH1GSw-eZniT7dM4Oqx2BI6ZLUjlBTcXnaHuGxlThhqg126vKXmHQ58UtFTKjQQaqmbW2Tye31mbUFZL33U...jpg

ftln

AMD OS X Member
Edit - Another thing is that when I mount my EFI partition when installing on SSD I dont get the Apple folder in the EFI partition, I only get this when installing on NVME.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.