[EB]#LOG:EXTIBS:START] - Opencore

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
If you don't have "Above 4G Decoding" option in your BIOS, then you need to add "npci=0x2000" to bootargs in your config.plist.

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
Hi maclinux1960,

Did you get anywhere by changing 19 to 20 in the kernel patches? I tried your idea by matching the experimental 17h modifications as closely as possible. I'm assuming the "10.16" that I added to the comments will have no effect.

When I run it, this is what I got:

OC: Kernel patcher result 6 for kernel (algrey - - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test -10.15/10.16) - Not Found
OC: Kernel patcher result 28 for kernel (algrey - lapic_init - remove version check and panic - 10.16) - Not Found

It still ended with:

AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-08-27T12:50:54

Thanks

Yes, I changed the CPU-patch with 20.99.99, I can boot to the InstallScreen.
I can also formate my SSD, but when I start the Installation, after 2 Minutes it crashes
and I don't know why.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I changed the CPU-patch with 20.99.99, I can boot to the InstallScreen.
I can also formate my SSD, but when I start the Installation, after 2 Minutes it crashes
and I don't know why.

no seriously ???
You finally began the install ?

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
no seriously ???
You finally began the install ?

Yes, but it is frustrating when after 2 Minutes later the Hackintosh crashes.

Now I make with Copy Cloner a Copy of my Catalina SSD and then (tommorow) I will try to make
an Update with the Big Sur Installer, so that the first Install Stage can't crash anymore.

When I don't make the Success, then I will work with a VirtualMachine.

But lets see, what Tommorow will be.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Yes, but it is frustrating when after 2 Minutes later the Hackintosh crashes.

Now I make with Copy Cloner a Copy of my Catalina SSD and then (tommorow) I will try to make
an Update with the Big Sur Installer, so that the first Install Stage can't crash anymore.

When I don't make the Success, then I will work with a VirtualMachine.

But lets see, what Tommorow will be.
As soon as macOS starts to install, go to the Window menu and Show Installer Log (CMD-L, I believe). The log window should appear at the bottom of the display. On the top right of the log window, click the pop-up menu and select "Show all logs".

When the install process hangs, either (a) save the log to your USB disk or (b) take a photo.

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
As soon as macOS starts to install, go to the Window menu and Show Installer Log (CMD-L, I believe). The log window should appear at the bottom of the display. On the top right of the log window, click the pop-up menu and select "Show all logs".

When the install process hangs, either (a) save the log to your USB disk or (b) take a photo.

To save the Log won't work, because the Installer crashes and then I get a black Screen, then I get a short
Error Message. After the short Message the Hackintosh shuts down.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

From what I've read, Experimental patches for AMD are only working on 17H for Big Sur beta. I guess might have to wait for the actual launch of Big Sur before they will look at 15h/16h.

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hi maclinux1960,

Did you get anywhere by changing 19 to 20 in the kernel patches? I tried your idea by matching the experimental 17h modifications as closely as possible. I'm assuming the "10.16" that I added to the comments will have no effect.

When I run it, this is what I got:

OC: Kernel patcher result 6 for kernel (algrey - - skip cpuid_cores_per_package test -10.15/10.16) - Not Found
OC: Kernel patcher result 28 for kernel (algrey - lapic_init - remove version check and panic - 10.16) - Not Found

It still ended with:

AAPL: [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] 2020-08-27T12:50:54

Thanks
I sent may config.plist without platforminfo
good luck

Attachments

• config.plist
    38 KB · Views: 20

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
good luck

Hello Pehem17260,

did you come into the Installer und do get stuck before the Hackintosh can boot into the Installer?

I used this modified cpu-patch whre you can boot into BigSur Beta 1 and 4 (others I don't have), what
is attached as 15h_16h.plist .

For your config.plist use the setting what are documendated in:

Then start with changes, if needed.

You will come in the Installer (see Screenshot), but in my hardware combination it crashes after 2 Minutes.

IMG_20200828_155044.jpg

It crashes so fast, that it is hard to make a foto with the Mobile camera, but see the Screenshot in Combo with
AMD FX 6300 and GT710:

IMG_20200828_230138.jpg

I'm not a Guru like Shaneee, but I think (that means I don't know it for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) it can be that the hardware
combination causes the crash or the uncomplete cpu-patch, where the Limit goes up to the Catalina 10.15.6 Beta 6.

I other guy i know, could start and complete the Installation, but with a AMD RX 560.
On the other Hand he can not boot with the GT710, not even in the Installer or in the installed Big Sur.

But for some unknown reason he does not want to share or compare our config.plist, Kexts and Drivers.
And that's what I don't understand, because only when we share Infos about our config.plist, Kexts and Drivers,
we can get success with Big Sur.

Oh, I almost forget the write, that I could boot with iMacPro1,1 and with iMac15,1, both work with GT710.

The attached config.plist is made for install Big Sur.

Greetings from Germany, maclinux1960

Attachments

• 15h_16h.plist
    24.6 KB · Views: 5
  • config.plist
    38.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hello Pehem17260,

did you come into the Installer und do get stuck before the Hackintosh can boot into the Installer?

I used this modified cpu-patch whre you can boot into BigSur Beta 1 and 4 (others I don't have), what
is attached as 15h_16h.plist .

For your config.plist use the setting what are documendated in:

Then start with changes, if needed.

You will come in the Installer (see Screenshot), but in my hardware combination it crashes after 2 Minutes.

View attachment 1192

It crashes so fast, that it is hard to make a foto with the Mobile camera, but see the Screenshot in Combo with
AMD FX 6300 and GT710:

View attachment 1193

I'm not a Guru like Shaneee, but I think (that means I don't know it for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) it can be that the hardware
combination causes the crash or the uncomplete cpu-patch, where the Limit goes up to the Catalina 10.15.6 Beta 6.

I other guy i know, could start and complete the Installation, but with a AMD RX 560.
On the other Hand he can not boot with the GT710, not even in the Installer or in the installed Big Sur.

But for some unknown reason he does not want to share or compare our config.plist, Kexts and Drivers.
And that's what I don't understand, because only when we share Infos about our config.plist, Kexts and Drivers,
we can get success with Big Sur.

Oh, I almost forget the write, that I could boot with iMacPro1,1 and with iMac15,1, both work with GT710.

The attached config.plist is made for install Big Sur.

try with this
if you want I sent my kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    38 KB · Views: 9

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
Hello Pehem17260,

thankyou for your Reply. The only Kext is missing is "DisableEHCI.kext".
I also use an other hfs.efi.

If you would send the missing Kext, then I take a new Start.

Update 1 I tried your config.plist without "DisableEHCI.kext" and it crashed as before.
Maybe "DisableEHCI.kext" is important, I don't know.

Are you from France? I had a french Keyboard, that's why I ask.

Last edited:

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hello Pehem17260,

Update 1 I tried your config.plist without "DisableEHCI.kext" and it crashed as before.

its's the new name for XLNCFixUSB. If you wanted the last update For AMD follow this link
naveenkrdy (Naveen Kumar ) · GitHub

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hello Pehem17260,

its's the new name for XLNCFixUSB

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
its's the new name for XLNCFixUSB

Thankyou for sharing the Kext, I still had the old XLNCFixUSB.Kext and it still works.
Later I will make the next Try and then I will report.

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Thankyou for sharing the Kext, I still had the old XLNCFixUSB.Kext and it still works.
Later I will make the next Try and then I will report.
yes I use keyboard France

AppleManDos

AMD OS X Member
good luck

Your config.plist worked on my PC. I retook the snapshot of my EFI and added my platform info. It went right into the installer. During the first reboot, it seemed to hang for a while at Forcing CS_Runtime then it rebooted into Big Sur Beta. Thanks Pehem17260.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 11.23.55 PM.png

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
Your config.plist worked on my PC. I retook the snapshot of my EFI and added my platform info. It went right into the installer. During the first reboot, it seemed to hang for a while at Forcing CS_Runtime then it rebooted into Big Sur Beta. Thanks Pehem17260.

View attachment 1236
Nice to see, seems that your not the only one who has success with the AMD RX 560 GPU.
But nobody with NVIDIA Kepler like GT710, GT730 or other.

What for a Plattform SMBIOS did you use? iMacPro 1,1 or somwthing else?

I got on VMware Player Big Sur Beta running. Now I only need to clone it to SSD.

Please share your config.plist (of course without SerialNumber) and write what drivers and Kexte
you used, so that we can find for the NVIDIA GPU User a Solution.

My Solution with the VMware is not perfect, but the only one to manage.

Congratulations for your success from Germany maclinux1960

Last edited:

AppleManDos

AMD OS X Member
Nice to see, seems that your not the only one who has success with the AMD RX 560 GPU.
But nobody with NVIDIA Kepler like GT710, GT730 or other.

What for a Plattform SMBIOS did you use? iMacPro 1,1 or somwthing else?

I got on VMware Player Big Sur Beta running. Now I only need to clone it to SSD.

Please share your config.plist (of course without SerialNumber) and write what drivers and Kexte
you used, so that we can find for the NVIDIA GPU User a Solution.

My Solution with the VMware is not perfect, but the only one to manage.

Congratulations for your success from Germany maclinux1960

I was successfully able to boot as an iMac18,3 as well as a MacPro6,1. I have not finished revising my own config.plist but I have attached the working version that I modified from Pehem17260.

Drivers: HFSPlus and OpenRuntime
Kexts: AppleMCEReporterDisabler, GenericUSBXHCI, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, VirtualSMC, VoodooHDA, WhateverGreen, XLNCUSB.
As a sidenote, I have unresolved issues with my USB ports.

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.8 KB · Views: 7

maclinux1960

AMD OS X Member
I was successfully able to boot as an iMac18,3 as well as a MacPro6,1. I have not finished revising my own config.plist but I have attached the working version that I modified from Pehem17260.

Drivers: HFSPlus and OpenRuntime
Kexts: AppleMCEReporterDisabler, GenericUSBXHCI, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, VirtualSMC, VoodooHDA, WhateverGreen, XLNCUSB.
As a sidenote, I have unresolved issues with my USB ports.

Hello AppleManDos,

did you realy only use the boot arg: -v npci=0x3000 debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 and nothing else?

Which Big Sur Beta did you install? Big Sur Beta 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 or did you install the public Beta?

I have downloaded Big Sur Beta 1 and Big Sur Public Beta.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.