[EB]#LOG:EXTIBS:START] - Opencore

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hello
All seems ok when I boot Catalina with OpenCore 0.60. But when I want to install Big Sur Beta 4 boot stop with this las message [EB]#LOG:EXTIBS:START] . What is the problem. Discord and web says nothing ...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Could you upload your config.plist?

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.9 KB · Views: 32

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Try enabling SyncRuntimePermissions.

If that does not work enable RebuildAppleMemoryMap and disable SetupVirtualMap (still with SyncRuntimePermissions enabled).

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Try enabling SyncRuntimePermissions.

If that does not work enable RebuildAppleMemoryMap and disable SetupVirtualMap (still with SyncRuntimePermissions enabled).
I've update patch for AMD and it's boot. I've try install Big Sur. Thanks. i say if i succed

fervent07

AMD OS X Member
I've update patch for AMD and it's boot. I've try install Big Sur. Thanks. i say if i succed

Could you please share your "config.plist" file, i've struggling for 2 days and i've tried every variations of Booter -> Quirks but can't find a solution. I will also share my config and error screen.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 76
  • config.plist
    38.7 KB · Views: 12

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Could you please share your "config.plist" file, i've struggling for 2 days and i've tried every variations of Booter -> Quirks but can't find a solution. I will also share my config and error screen.
It's resolve XLNC give the solace : update the kernel patch For AMD FX.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I'm getting stuck at this message as well trying to boot the Big Sur Installation USB. Tried both OC 0.6.0 and OC 0.6.1 development build.

Only bare bones Kexts are included, Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC. Latest AMD patches as well for 17h.

Tried different Quirk combinations like:

SyncRuntimePermissions = True
RebuildAppleMemoryMap = True
SetupVirtualMap = False (If this set to True, will also encounter the same problem in Catalina 10.15.6)

Any ideas what may be stopping the boot process?

I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard. Have tried setting Enable/Disable 4G, doesn't make a difference.

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
I finally have BS Beta 5 booting past the EXITBS screen, but then the installer tries to load the GUI and its a mix of console and garbled text. Catalina does the same thing when doing updates on the MacOS installers boots.

SetupVirtualMap = False

With OC 0.6.1 pulled using OC builder and Lilu and friends for Lilu, virtualSMC, and WGE.

Last edited:

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
Do you mind sharing your EFI? The Aorus Master should be very close to the Aorus Pro WI-FI I have. Also running F21 Bios.

Lisang

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I'm getting stuck at this message as well trying to boot the Big Sur Installation USB. Tried both OC 0.6.0 and OC 0.6.1 development build.

Only bare bones Kexts are included, Lilu, WhateverGreen and VirtualSMC. Latest AMD patches as well for 17h.

Tried different Quirk combinations like:

SetupVirtualMap = False (If this set to True, will also encounter the same problem in Catalina 10.15.6)

Any ideas what may be stopping the boot process?

I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi motherboard. Have tried setting Enable/Disable 4G, doesn't make a difference.
You can try the following solution Link
Or try to disable SIP Bigsur needs to set csr-active-config to FF0F0000

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
You can try the following solution Link
Or try to disable SIP Bigsur needs to set csr-active-config to FF0F0000

I tried everything suggested (without the devirtualiseMmio because even if I use the debug version of open core, I see nothing ...), and nothing he's working for me ...
I'm using an asus b550 and it's very strange ...

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
Do you mind sharing your EFI? The Aorus Master should be very close to the Aorus Pro WI-FI I have. Also running F21 Bios.

Attachments

• Gigabyte_X570_Aorus_Master_Big_Sur_F21.zip
    896.2 KB · Views: 29

ryuken88

AMD OS X Member
I checked all the config.plist files attached in this thread and you are all using the old patches. You need the experimental patches for Big Sur to work.

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
I checked all the config.plist files attached in this thread and you are all using the old patches. You need the experimental patches for Big Sur to work.

I went back and re-added the patches from the experimental opencore branch and it had no effect. The installer fully boots, but when it tries to go from console to installer GUI, it crashes back to the console.

I've played around with resolutions and number of monitors to no avail.

I even put a GTX 680 in which is natively supported and still didn't work right.

I'm stumped.
20-08-22 15-19-08 8681.jpg

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member

is it possible that experimental patches are wrong ... I suggest this because i put the experimental patch almost 20 times and nothing changes !

ryuken88

AMD OS X Member
is it possible that experimental patches are wrong ... I suggest this because i put the experimental patch almost 20 times and nothing changes !
You can easily tell by looking at the "MaxKernel" version. Experimental patches will show 20.99.99, while the non-experimental patches will show 19.99.99.

tkl2001

AMD OS X Member
You can easily tell by looking at the "MaxKernel" version. Experimental patches will show 20.99.99, while the non-experimental patches will show 19.99.99.

Thanks! And you are correct! I double checked the patches and realize that I wasn't using th experimental patches...After fixing this...Big Sur is now installed and working...and best part it looks like Sleep is fixed too.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.