Dumb question about FX support

DeDHEX

AMD OS X Member
Hey,
I'm not very experienced with Mac OS and didn't know there was a way to run it on AMD hardware until recently. I know it says Bulldozer/15h CPUs are supported, but since the two are so closely related (and seemingly often referred to as also being part of family 15h), will Piledriver processors like the FX-8350 work with any existing patches? I have an FX-based machine that I don't want to decommission yet, even if I could afford to. Will Mojave or any other version be compatible with my CPU?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
As long as the CPU is either 15h or 16h AMD Family it'll work. CPU-Z should tell you this in Windows.

DeDHEX

AMD OS X Member
Alright, confirmed mine is 15h. Thanks for the info, once I've made sure I can get everything working smoothly and get the partition(s) sorted out I'll start installing what will hopefully be my new daily driver OS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.