Dual screen flicker with Radeon VII

vade

AMD OS X Member
Curious what are solutions for Dual Screen on glitches

Ive got a Radeon VII with RadeonBooster working well if a single monitor is plugged in over HDMI.

If I plug a second display (and Eizo color managed monitor) over DisplayPort my primary HDMI monitor glitches out on occasion - sometimes with full screen noise, and re-negotiating a connection as if it was just plugged in , id say on average once every 5/10 minutes.

I've read that setting color to 24 bit rather than 30 might be a fix, but id like to find a fix for 30 bit if possible since well, the whole idea of a color managed monitor is to see great color accurately.

My system reports HDMI audio output is available over the Radeon. Im curious if audio is actually an issue

Is this feasible? Thanks!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried using agdpmod=pikera as a boot arg?

vade

AMD OS X Member
I have yes, in fact, my config has it active as we speak. :(

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Use -rad24 also.

vade

AMD OS X Member
Rad24 however lowers the bit depth of the panel input to 8bpc / 24bpp yes? Thank you for your help!

vade

AMD OS X Member
I tried running with rad24 and it doesnt seem to help the hiccups on the HDMI display.

Both monitors are reported being 24 bit frame buffers, and while I've not seen 'noise' like I did w/o the -rad24 flag, I do get 'disconnects' fairly regularly.

vade

AMD OS X Member
Removing agdpmod=pikera as well as removing shikigva=80 appears to have drastically helped the issue and dramatically reduced the flicker. However, its still there.

:X

Last edited:

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I have the same issue with my Vega 64, so I simply use HDMI only. Is using DP a must?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.