Dual Monitor, Dual GPU problem and Audio

Emeraldsrs

AMD OS X Member
Specs:

Processor: Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard: X570 TUF Gaming-Plus (WIFI)
GPU (Top Slot): ASUS Dual RX580 (Hackintosh)
GPU (Bottom Slot): TUF Gaming RTX 3070 (Windows)
RAM: TForce TUF 16gbx2 3600mHz
Storage 1: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Windows)
Storage 2: 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Hackintosh)
Primary Monitor: AOC Q27G2S
Secondary Monitor: AOC 27G2

OpenCore version: 0.6.4

Not Working:
Audio Jacks

Problem:

So my setup is a dual boot, dual GPU, dual monitor setup. I think this is not really a Hackintosh problem but there might be people who encountered this?
My RX580 uses HDMI ports, then the 3070 uses DisplayPorts. The monitors are set to "Auto Detect". The Secondary monitor always receives the signal on boot first (contains the BIOS stuff) then the Primary monitor just says "DP" but it's blank.

When I boot into Windows, the Secondary monitor is stuck on HDMI which shows the BIOS logo stuff, then the Primary monitor shows Windows.
When I boot into macOS, the boot verbose stuff shows in the Secondary monitor, but the Primary monitor is stuck on DP which shows blank.
So when booting either OS, I have to manually switch the monitor to the correct output. There might be a solution for this, I just don't know what or how so I'm asking for help.

Also, about the audio jacks, the audio itself is working. I have Bluetooth earphones connected and are working fine. But I can't really understand how I can make the jacks work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    49 KB · Views: 2

juniorz

AMD OS X Member
I have a similar building to yours with a little difference. Dual GPU(3080+5600xt) but one monitor. This seems works fine for me. I have both cards activated in Win and deactivated 3080 in Hackintosh by config.plist.

Both GPUs connect to the monitor via HDMI, let's say 3080 with HDMI1 on monitor and 5600 with HDMI2 on monitor. Before I push the start button, I will choose the input source on the monitor, so the BIOS will show up correctly. If I want to boot into macOS, I have to use HDMI2(if I use HDMI1, will be stuck at mac logo), but for win both should work.

I assume you can use a similar strategy with two monitors.

As for the audio, sounds like you don't have the right layout id in appleALC. You can try different id.

Emeraldsrs

AMD OS X Member
I have a similar building to yours with a little difference. Dual GPU(3080+5600xt) but one monitor. This seems works fine for me. I have both cards activated in Win and deactivated 3080 in Hackintosh by config.plist.

Both GPUs connect to the monitor via HDMI, let's say 3080 with HDMI1 on monitor and 5600 with HDMI2 on monitor. Before I push the start button, I will choose the input source on the monitor, so the BIOS will show up correctly. If I want to boot into macOS, I have to use HDMI2(if I use HDMI1, will be stuck at mac logo), but for win both should work.

I assume you can use a similar strategy with two monitors.

As for the audio, sounds like you don't have the right layout id in appleALC. You can try different id.
Sorry for the late reply.

So I tried this but unfortunately, it seems that having dual monitors need to have a different strategy. Pre-choosing the input source, shows blank as well. Also, I tried turning a monitor off while it's still plugged in did nothing.

As for the layout ID, did you mean, manually changing the layout id? or just the boot argument?
If it's the boot argument, I tried the compatible stuff, it didn't work. If it's the manual thing, I haven't tried it. I'll try it out.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Sorry for the late reply.

So I tried this but unfortunately, it seems that having dual monitors need to have a different strategy. Pre-choosing the input source, shows blank as well. Also, I tried turning a monitor off while it's still plugged in did nothing.

As for the layout ID, did you mean, manually changing the layout id? or just the boot argument?
If it's the boot argument, I tried the compatible stuff, it didn't work. If it's the manual thing, I haven't tried it. I'll try it out.
When you say Audio Jacks, do you mean on the motherboard?

fishcake

AMD OS X Member
try to put the RX580 in first PCIe slot and nvidia into the one below.
I have similar setup and had similar problems.

As for audio I think your device isn't even listed under sound right? That's probably because AppleALC renames the wrong device to HDEF (at least that's what I think is happening but not sure).

also try to only use your RX580 and see if you have sound.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.