Does this go?

sata-II

AMD OS X Member
Hi, so I've recently started interest in this project, and I'm willing to commit to the trouble as long as I know what will and won't work. This is my hardware:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 (integrated)
  • RAM: 2x8GB Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 3000mhz
  • Motherboard: ASrock B450m Pro4
  • Storage: Seagate Momentus ST9250410AS 2.5-inch HDD (dedicated, not partition)
I believe that's all the relative hardware specifications. I know there have been successful Catalina builds with my same processor and chipset, although they were using a different motherboard. I'm sure there's more to motherboard compatibility than just the chipset when it comes to this.

If possible-- please do not answer with a new hardware suggestion. I have already bought and built with all of these components. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Hi, so I've recently started interest in this project, and I'm willing to commit to the trouble as long as I know what will and won't work. This is my hardware:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
  • GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX Vega 11 (integrated)
  • RAM: 2x8GB Patriot Viper Steel Series DDR4 3000mhz
  • Motherboard: ASrock B450m Pro4
  • Storage: Seagate Momentus ST9250410AS 2.5-inch HDD (dedicated, not partition)
I believe that's all the relative hardware specifications. I know there have been successful Catalina builds with my same processor and chipset, although they were using a different motherboard. I'm sure there's more to motherboard compatibility than just the chipset when it comes to this.

If possible-- please do not answer with a new hardware suggestion. I have already bought and built with all of these components. Any help is appreciated, thank you.
For the 1060 High Sierra has the last version of web Drivers for the card. Vega 11 APUs don't work, so if you plan on Catalina you will have minimal graphics 7mb. This will allow for minor browsing but nothing graphics heavy will work.

Sierra or High Sierra for the 1060 will be the best fit IMO.

sata-II

AMD OS X Member
For the 1060 High Sierra has the last version of web Drivers for the card. Vega 11 APUs don't work, so if you plan on Catalina you will have minimal graphics 7mb. This will allow for minor browsing but nothing graphics heavy will work.

Sierra or High Sierra for the 1060 will be the best fit IMO.
I see. Based on my current hardware, do you suspect that I'll be able to boot into a working environment?

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
I see. Based on my current hardware, do you suspect that I'll be able to boot into a working environment?
Probably, use boot arg. nv_dsable=1
Disable IGFX or select PCIE as primary boot graphics.
I’ve been able to browse with both my 2400g and Athlon 3000g. The system works but it is not ideal.
Nvidia made Web Drivers for El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra for Nvidia cards newer than Kepler or GTX 7xx series. If you use gibMacOS you can still get High Sierra as a download. The Web Drivers also stopped support at the Pascual cards 1030, 1060, 1070 etc.. RTX 2xxx cards and up were never supported and most likely never will be.

so you can use Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur with default graphics or you can use High Sierra or Sierra and use the Nvidia card with the web drivers.

sata-II

AMD OS X Member
I’ve been able to browse with both my 2400g and Athlon 3000g. The system works but it is not ideal.
Nvidia made Web Drivers for El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra for Nvidia cards newer than Kepler or GTX 7xx series. If you use gibMacOS you can still get High Sierra as a download. The Web Drivers also stopped support at the Pascual cards 1030, 1060, 1070 etc.. RTX 2xxx cards and up were never supported and most likely never will be.

so you can use Mojave, Catalina or Big Sur with default graphics or you can use High Sierra or Sierra and use the Nvidia card with the web drivers.
Ah. And when you say web drivers, what do you mean exactly? Drivers for...browsing the web (most likely not lol) , or drivers you've downloaded from the web? Not that I'll be using the hackintosh drive for much, though it's good to know what I'm working with.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

bigMak

AMD OS X Member

why would apple make web drivers for Nvidia cards :/

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Apple maintains the AMD drivers itself, and also the Nvidia drivers for Kepler GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.