Decrease in performance with 5700xt

techgoggles

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I switched from 5700xt to vega 64 and I have noticed a decrease in performance in fcpx, I installed my hackintosh using the vega 64.
Playback is choppier and render times have also increased.

Ryzen 1700, Gigabyte x370, WD NVME 500GB, 64GB Corsair vengeance 2400Mhz

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You mean the 5700 XT has lower performance in FCPX? Because that is to be expected. Vega has a much higher compute performance than Navi, later is much more focused on Gaming performance. A Radeon VII would be even better than a Vega 64 while being as fast as a 5700 XT in gaming.

techgoggles

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You mean the 5700 XT has lower performance in FCPX? Because that is to be expected. Vega has a much higher compute performance than Navi, later is much more focused on Gaming performance. A Radeon VII would be even better than a Vega 64 while being as fast as a 5700 XT in gaming.
So 5700xt performs worse than vega 64 in FCPx? that is normal? Did not know that. I have added the vega 64 in the 2nd slot on my motherboard, what do you suggest I do, to get my mac to use vega 64 and not 5700xt

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.