Curious thing with OpenCore 0.6.4 on my test bootstick

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As always, I update my Catalina test stick first and create the config.plist from scratch. I have an odd thing: when I boot it, it works fine and lands at the OpenCore boot picker (0.6.4). However, there is no longer a 'Install macOS' option. Just Windows, Recovery and normal boot to my existing install. When I choose that, it boots fine. Hackintool reports 0.6.4 and all the latest kexts.

I am bewildered where the install option has gone. Anyone have an idea what I can try? There are no differences I can tell that would have this effect. It's always nice to have a working installation stick, so it's more of an ease of mind thing.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Compare the ScanPolicy setting, could be the reason for not showing external drives.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think you might be right! Thanks! I think I may have made a copy-paste error creating the new config.plist! I couldn't see the tree for the forest anymore. I really should do these OpenCore upgrades during the weekend. :D edit It was indeed a wrong value! Thanks for pointing me to the solution!

Last edited:

ghostrider1912

AMD OS X Member
Hello You can download the EFI file here, it has the same composition, only with 16 GB Ram, thanks

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.