CS:GO does NOT work on AMD :(. Any fixes?

PhantomR

AMD OS X Member
Is CS:GO playable on Hackintosh on AMD? Does anyone know a fix? Neither me (Ryzen 5 1600) or my cousin (Ryzen 7 3700X) can launch the game, but I am able to launch it on an i7 8750H hackintosh.
It's very strange as, for example, League of Legends does work..

EDIT: Please don't suggest that I dual boot with Windows.. that is a valid idea and I know it's somehow a solution, but switching the OS when wanting to play this game in particular is not that appealing.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Runs fine for me. Just downloaded Steam and CS:GO just to test it out. Runs fine without any modification.

PhantomR

AMD OS X Member
I really appreciate this and all your work. Could you tell me what CPU (and GPU) you used? I must say neither me or my cousin are probably running the latest patches (unless they were only updated a few months ago).

Also, could you test on Big Sur or is that what you tested on :)?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Specs are in my signature and yes this is on Big Sur. It sometimes takes a while to launch but it does. Assuming you've got an AMD GPU as you've mentioned Big Sur change to my PAT patch rather than algrey's for better FPS in the game.

PhantomR

AMD OS X Member
Regretably, I must say it does not work for me. I activated your PAT patch and disabled AlGrey's, updated Big Sur to 11.1, reinstalled Steam and CS:GO, but still it starts and stops. I have no idea why.. may I ask what OpenCore version you're using and what Kexts (and versions? maybe a screenshot from Hackintool would make this easier?)?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 and an RX 560 running on a secondary PCIe slot. My main slot has a GTX 1070 which I disabled via an SSDT patch. It's really weird that other games (like LoL) work.. this is definitely CS:GO-related.

EDIT: Could me being on Debug versions (OC + all Kexts) have anything to do with this? Sounds doubtful..

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Might it be that MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 is needed?

PhantomR

AMD OS X Member
Might it be that MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5 is needed?

THIS IS JUST AWESOME! I opened a terminal, typed export MKL_DEBUG_CPU_TYPE=5, then,also via terminal, launched csgo.sh from the directory where CS:GO is installed and IT WORKS. How did you find this? What does this command do?

Another question, though: is there any easier way to automatize this than just creating a script that exports this variable and launches the csgo script?

EDIT: Strangely enough, the Steam overlay does not work in-game (it is Enabled in Steam). EDIT2: This is probably because I launched the game externally (using the Terminal).. I just noticed that when starting the game it also notices this and says I can't join VAC-secure servers, lol.

Thanks so much to both you and @Shaneee .

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.