Creating a list of working motherboard and gpu models

Najmul

Aug 8, 2020
Hi,

I'm trying create a database of AM4 motherboards and GPUs that have been successfully hackintoshed. I've created a spreadsheet, where you can fill in the details. I hope this list will help people who are planning on building an AMD based hackintosh and guide them towards purchasing compatible components.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

I've added some models as a starter feel free to add to it so that everyone in this community can benefit from this.
Looking forward to everyone's participation.
Thank you.
Syed

Reactions: VenimK

agent2

Donator
Donator
May 3, 2020
Somewhere over the Rainbow
Hi,

I'm trying create a database of AM4 motherboards and GPUs that have been successfully hackintoshed. I've created a spreadsheet, where you can fill in the details. I hope this list will help people who are planning on building an AMD based hackintosh and guide them towards purchasing compatible components.

Here's the link to the spreadsheet:

I've added some models as a starter feel free to add to it so that everyone in this community can benefit from this.
Looking forward to everyone's participation.
Thank you.
Syed
Good idea man! You just need to send the complete list to Hackintosh Slav afterwards and hopefully he will put it in the guide!

Reactions: Najmul

Najmul

Aug 8, 2020
Good idea man! You just need to send the complete list to Hackintosh Slav afterwards and hopefully he will put it in the guide!
Thanks! I hope people participate. A nice elaborate list similar to the Intel one over at tonymac would be great.

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
I have the Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.1) (Bios F21) coupled with a R5 3600 and a sapphire nitro+ RX580 8Gb. I will be hacking this when I get a chance and I’ll either update this post or reply with success or failure. I am awaiting a new AM4 backplate for my AIO before installing macOS.

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
I had to roll back to F12 on my machine to get rid of the garbled welcome screen. I’ll try updating to the latest again (F22) and report back. If needed I’ll change config.plist to the before mentioned settings if needed and post back.
With the attached EFI i can boot macOS Big Sur beta 5 (and Catalina) on bios F22

Attachments

Last edited:

savage001

Jun 4, 2020
I had to roll back to F12 on my machine to get rid of the garbled welcome screen. I’ll try updating to the latest again (F22) and report back. If needed I’ll change config.plist to the before mentioned settings if needed and post back.
With the attached EFI i can boot macOS Big Sur beta 5 (And Catalina) on bios F22
New Bios for Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.1/1.2)
F30a
Update AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1 for New Gen AMD Ryzen processors support

I’ll update later and report back.

Updated just fine, bios F20a both Big Sur and Catalina boot and both recoveries.

When I get more time I’ll test the installer as that’s where I had my issues.

EDIT:

Just did a fresh install of Big Sur Beta 6 on bios F30a without any issues.
  1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.0.8.1

Last edited: