Cpu disabled in vmware

jeremy0519

AMD OS X Member
I attempted to install catalina in vmware according to the instructions on the knowledgebase. When the installer rebooted, I keep getting the error that cpu is disabled in guest machine (something like that). My cpu is Ryzen.

Last edited:

jeremy0519

AMD OS X Member
Someone told me I need to copy the custom kernel. But how to do that?

larryking123

AMD OS X Member
Hi
You have to make sure that the VMware version is 15.5 if you are gonna use the image from here. Or use VMware 15.03 and use other vmware images. Make sure the unlocker is working as well.

larryking123

AMD OS X Member
Hey

blow away you vmx file or just start over and create a new VM machine. It corrupted
Don't switch between Microsoft and MAC.. Just start out with MAC OS from start to finish

Maclover999

AMD OS X Member
I attempted to install catalina in vmware according to the instructions on the knowledgebase. When I the installer rebooted, I keep getting the error that cpu is disabled in guest machine (something like that). My cpu is Ryzen.
I have the same issue

Cocoz

AMD OS X Member
I hade the same problem. For me it was the pre install code that I entered wrong.

Oops, was so in this, fixing vmware hackintosh, so I missed that last message was in July....:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.