Could someone indicate some more complete material for me to study and try again to perform this installation?

Asdrubous BSB

AMD OS X Member
Hello friends, I've been a MacOS user for some time, but I've always used it with apple hardware, which here in Brazil is getting more and more expensive and difficult to obtain, so I decided to set up a desktop (dual boot win10 / Ubuntu) and bought the following parts:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
GPU: AMD RX 5600XT
Memory: 16GB (2x8G Team Group DDR4-2666)
Motherboard: Asus Prime A320-K / BR
HD: M2 Lexar 256Gb (win) / SSD Kingston 120Gb (linux) and SSD Kingston 960Gb (secondary SSD for Win).

I am looking to use the 120GB SSD to install MacOS catalina, as I can download the official media from apple - but I have encountered many problems to generate the flash drive with the installation. I did some research and performed the procedures that are on the forums and youtube but unfortunately I can not in any way perform the installation.

I believe that I was not able to do the most important thing, which is to mount the EFI partition in order to be able to boot. I still believe that i need to make some modifications in parameters in the CMOS of the motherboard in order to enable the reading and installation of the system.

Could someone indicate some more complete material for me to study and try again to perform this installation?

Thank you all for your attention;

---------------------------------PT-BR (texto original pros BRs e PTs---------------------------------
Olá amigos,

sou usuário de MacOS já a algum tempo, porém sempre utilizei com o hardware da apple, que aqui no Brasil está cada vez mais caro e dificil de se obter, sendo assim, resolvi montar um desktop (dual boot win10/Ubuntu) e comprei as seguintes peças:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500X
GPU:AMD RX 5600XT
Memória: 16GB (2x8G Team Grup DDR4-2666)
Placa Mãe: Asus Prime A320-K/BR
HD: M2 Lexar 256Gb (win) / SSD Kingston 120Gb (linux) and SSD Kingston 960Gb (SSD secundário para o Win).

Ainda tenho um MacPro 2012 - I7 Dual-Core, 8GB DDR3 1333 e Intel HD Grafics 4000.

Estou querendo utilizar o SSD 120GB para instalar o MacOS catalina, pois tenho como fazer o download da mídia oficial da apple - mas tenho encontrado muitos problemas para gerar o pen drive com a instalação.

Fiz algumas pesquisas e realizei os procedimentos que estão nos foruns e youtube porém infelizmente não consigo de maneira nenhuma realizar a instalação.

Acredito que não tenha conseguido fazer o mais importante que é montar a partição EFI para poder dar o boot. Ainda acredito que precise de realizar algumas modificações em parametros no CMOS da placa mãe pra poder habilitar a leitura e instalação do sistema.

Alguem poderia me indicar algum material mais completo para eu poder estudar e tentar novamente realizar esta instalação?

Obrigado a todos pela atenção;

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The best thing you can possibly do is read the official guide and follow it step by step. This way I guarantee you that you will not go wrong.

Asdrubous BSB

AMD OS X Member
i read, and i do the things... but dont work for me...

i will try again.

ty

--update--

after reading a lot ... and testing ... finally installed it.
but I have some doubts, if anyone can answer.

1 - if you see in the image the processor that is appearing is an '' Intel i5 '' ... shouldn't ryzen 5 3500-x appear?

2 - can I upgrade to bigSur?

I think that's it!

thanks

Last edited:

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
The macOS won't recognize an AMD processor in the system information, hence why it is showing Core i5. That closely matches the spec it is finding.

As for installing Big Sur, it may or may not work without you doing anything. I upgraded several versions of Catalina up to 10.15.7 without any problems. However, Big Sur is a new version of macOS so it may not be that straightforward. I would clone your existing drive first so you have a spare version of Catalina, in case it all goes wrong.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.