Convert my Monterey EFI to work with Ventura

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Hi, my current EFI which works perfectly with MacOS Monterey doesn't seem to work with MacOS Ventura. I've spent several days to get it to work, without success.

Can someone upgrade my EFI to OpenCore 0.8.2 including the required changes for Ventura?

My hardware:
  • PC Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 9700K, 9th Gen (Code name: Coffee Lake)
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare
  • Sound card (onboard): ALC 1220-VB audio controller
  • SSD storage: Crucial Crucial MX500, 1TB
  • Graphic card: AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB
  • Fenvi T919 for WiFi/Bluetooth, AirDrop, Apple Watch Unlock, etc.
  • Power Supply: Be quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W
  • Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x 16GB, total 32GB)
  • Display: iiyama G-Master GB3466WQSU-B1 UltraWideScreen, 34 inch.
Many thanks.

Joost

Attachments

• 7-6-2022 17h46 Z390 OC081 Monterey NoSN.zip
    32.9 MB · Views: 64

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I'm slowly getting used to the new System Settings. The old System Preferences had animations / visual cues for various tasks such as mouse and trackpad gestures. The new one lacks some of that pizzaz.
Yeah, that was a surprise, they went iPad on us!.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Yeah, that was a surprise, they went iPad on us!.
When the M1 chip was announced, many of us thought "M" meant "Mac".

Then M1 went into an iPad...we all scratched our heads. (Maybe "M" means both Mac and Mobile?)

Then macOS on Apple Silicon gained the ability to run iOS and iPad apps (if developer enables a flag).

Now macOS is borrowing more themes from iOS/iPadOS such as the new System Settings.

And iPadOS just got windows -- real overlapping windows with resizing.

And both iPadOS and macOS now have Stage Manager.

The lines are truly blurred and the two platforms appear to be converging.

craighazan

Donator
Donator

Then M1 went into an iPad...we all scratched our heads. (Maybe "M" means both Mac and Mobile?)

Then macOS on Apple Silicon gained the ability to run iOS and iPad apps (if developer enables a flag).

Now macOS is borrowing more themes from iOS/iPadOS such as the new System Settings.

I agree, this version of macOS does seem more iPad like. I also think we will see more convergence as Apples rumored AR glasses approach release. The glasses, I suspect, will become a new input device, aka Minority Report. Imagine looking down and seeing an AR keyboard you interact with or a AR trackpad you can use gestures with. Blinking your eyes to open a folder, the possibilities are endless.

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
I'm slowly getting used to the new System Settings. The old System Preferences had animations / visual cues for various tasks such as mouse and trackpad gestures. The new one lacks some of that pizzaz.

Know that the old system preferences still works fine in case you don’t want to get used to it yet :) I’m sure though that new features will require the new one eventually.

For example I couldn’t find the don’t go to sleep in power settings with the new one. Pretty annoying.

Here you go.

Attachments

• System_Preferences.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 23

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Know that the old system preferences still works fine in case you don’t want to get used to it yet :) I’m sure though that new features will require the new one eventually.

For example I couldn’t find the don’t go to sleep in power settings with the new one. Pretty annoying.

Here you go.
Oh, that is just so devilish... :)

craighazan

Donator
Donator

Here you go.
Awesome!.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
CaseySJ is there a policy with HackinDROM involving allowable versions of OpenCore and EFI?, (OC 0.8.2). Can I upload my H310T EFI that you updated for me to HackinDROM and label it 'Ventura Ready'?.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
CaseySJ is there a policy with HackinDROM involving allowable versions of OpenCore and EFI?, (OC 0.8.2). Can I upload my H310T EFI that you updated for me to HackinDROM and label it 'Ventura Ready'?.
Because OpenCore 0.8.2 is not officially released, we should wait. On the other hand, HackinDROM can update any OpenCore EFI folder for any motherboard as long as the current installed version is 0.6.6 or newer. All we have to do is mount the EFI partition we want to upgrade and right-click on the left side of that row in the HackinDROM window. A pop-up will appear with only one option: "Update EFI".

Inqnuam has done a wonderful job with HackinDROM.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Because OpenCore 0.8.2 is not officially released, we should wait. On the other hand, HackinDROM can update any OpenCore EFI folder for any motherboard as long as the current installed version is 0.6.6 or newer. All we have to do is mount the EFI partition we want to upgrade and right-click on the left side of that row in the HackinDROM window. A pop-up will appear with only one option: "Update EFI".

Inqnuam has done a wonderful job with HackinDROM.
Yes he really has, quite an achievement in my view!. The update feature alone is just brilliant, will there be an option for nightly build updates for kexts?, that could be useful for testing.
I'll take my time updating my A320I-K config for Ventura.

Seyven

AMD OS X Member

M of... Merge

joostiphone

AMD OS X Member
Perfectioning my OpenCore bootscreen. I'm going with this one now.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ. Would you mind updating my EFI for my A320I-K/Ryzen7 5700X build, spent the morning in miserable failure as I failed to get past OC boot picker.

update, uploaded the correct file.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    11 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Hi @CaseySJ. Would you mind updating my EFI for my A320I-K/Ryzen7 5700X build, spent the morning in miserable failure as I failed to get past OC boot picker.

update, uploaded the correct file.

Please try the attached EFI folder after copying serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. By the way, are you intentionally using iMac19,1 as the system product name?

Attachments

• EFI-craighazan-A320I-Ryzen-7.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 13

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Please try the attached EFI folder after copying serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub. By the way, are you intentionally using iMac19,1 as the system product name?
Thank you!. That's strange, I was using MacPro7,1, I deleted serials etc before uploading

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Awesome, now dual booting Monterey and Ventura. I love my Picatosh card!.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 8.01.11 AM.png

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That fugly About This Mac might even prevent me from upgrading! 😅 I can't understand why designers would allow that orphaned 'Xeon W' of 'GB' to exist.

craighazan

Donator
Donator
That fugly About This Mac might even prevent me from upgrading! 😅 I can't understand why designers would allow that orphaned 'Xeon W' of 'GB' to exist.
Not sure why it’s displaying the Xeon. Monterey uses the same EFI and displays the Ryzen 7 5700X.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Maybe the RestrictEvents.kext is not loading?

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Maybe the RestrictEvents.kext is not loading?
I suspect you’re right. Also thought 💭 there might of been an issue with my Sapphire RX 580, after a restart it started glitching. But everything seems to of settled down after another restart. This Ryzen 7 5700X is seriously quick.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Agree about the orphaned "Xeon W" and "GB" -- not a clean look at all.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.