Config.plist wrong?

Edwin

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I accidentally replaced an old config.plist with my current one (I forgot to make a copy, how stupido I can be) and now Monterey won't boot. Any thoughts/help?
Hardware: Mobo Asus Prime X470 Pro, GPU AMD R9 390, CPU Ryzen 5 3600 6-core.
Greetings from the NL

Attachments

• config.plist
    53.8 KB · Views: 7

Edwin

AMD OS X Member

DVD writer is currently connected to Sata port #4 but #3, #5 & #6 I also tried without succes. But again, it’s visible when I boot up Windows 11.
By the way, thanks Edhawk for diving into this matter👍🏼

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, the images show there is nothing wrong with the SATA power or Data connections to the LG DVD writer.

You may just have a DVD writer that isn't compatible with macOS.

I have a couple of Blu-Ray devices which are the same, no matter what I tried they never worked or showed up in macOS. They worked as expected in Windows.

The DVD Writer in my main hack, running Big Sur 11.6.2, is enabled by /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice.kext

Is that plugin kext present in your system?

Edwin

AMD OS X Member
OK, the images show there is nothing wrong with the SATA power or Data connections to the LG DVD writer.

You may just have a DVD writer that isn't compatible with macOS.

I have a couple of Blu-Ray devices which are the same, no matter what I tried they never worked or showed up in macOS. They worked as expected in Windows.

The DVD Writer in my main hack, running Big Sur 11.6.2, is enabled by /System/Library/Extensions/IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOSCSIMultimediaCommandsDevice.kext

Is that plugin kext present in your system?
I’ll check it later. It’s close to 6pm here in the NL.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.