Clover Experimental Patches

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Hi all, I’m putting a call out to see if anyone has the skills/knowledge to convert the latest experimental patches for OpenCore to Clover.
I and others am working with Clover devs on insanelymac to get Big Sur booting on AMD with Clover with OpenCore integration but I feel the OC patches may be hindering progress. Clover native patches would be the preferred use case.
Is there any reason why the Clover patches have not been converted from OC?
With the release of Big Sur hopefully coming soon it would be nice to get Clover fully up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can Clover now install Big Sur?

savage001

AMD OS X Member
Can Clover now install Big Sur?

Yes on Intel as reported by other users, I have booted into the install screen but no further as I didn’t need to install.

sos86

AMD OS X Member
Is there any reason why the Clover patches have not been converted from OC?

That's a bit like asking "with the advent of electric cars, why haven't steam engines been installed?"

savage001

AMD OS X Member
That's a bit like asking "with the advent of electric cars, why haven't steam engines been installed?"

I could not find an appropriate gif to say what needs to said so I’ll leave it alone and hope for some more intelligent replies.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
When support for Clover was dropped they already stated the reason as Clovers kernel patching is inferior to OCs.
Big Sur showed again that the design principles behind OC are more solid than Clover. Clover already uses parts of OC, so why not directly use OC?

savage001

AMD OS X Member
When support for Clover was dropped they already stated the reason as Clovers kernel patching is inferior to OCs.
Big Sur showed again that the design principles behind OC are more solid than Clover. Clover already uses parts of OC, so why not directly use OC?

Because I and a lot of others prefer the way clover handles operating systems other than macOS. Not everyone has the skills / knowledge to stop the boot camp effect that OC pushes into other operating systems.

sos86

AMD OS X Member
some more intelligent replies.

Why thank you! I'm glad further intelligent replies have indeed been forthcoming.

For those less perceptive of an analogy than your good self, it's because many of the technologies and coding in Clover have become cumbersome patches upon patches. To remedy the situation would be the equivalent of trying to adapt very slick new technology into a very old and no-longer-fit-for-purpose platform. In other words, Clover has become the Win 98 of hackintosh. Sure, some still use it, but like PPC-based Macs, that was then, this is now.

To return to the automotive analogy - Clover is a cartwheel, OpenCore is a 17" low profile mag wheel. Sure, you can try to bolt the cartwheel to the modern car with patches, but the case for doing so doesn't encourage enthusiasm to do so. Hopefully some more intelligent replies will continue to be added, with associated GIFs.

Last edited:

savage001

AMD OS X Member
So far we have had success on 1 threadripper system and 1 X570 system adopting kernel patches into Clover, so the mags are fitting but need an alignment.
What we do need is a larger showroom of people willing to test / adopt / help.

Deleted member 473

AMD OS X Member
Without any polemics
The patches here are working well till catalina and I have posted how to on another forum
They need a proper clover version in my case 5124
Happy of this I have converted also opencore working patches for Big Sur and also this is working good (I use beta 10 of Big Sur)
Conversion I have done is only related to options naming
Problem for now is that clover has some problem in MatchOS tab so, it is better to use different configs to patch different OS X

Last edited:

shuhung

AMD OS X Member
Try attached Clover patches plist, work well on Catalina and Big Sur, base on naveenkrdy 17h Clover patches, just empty all MatchOS contents, 10.13.x/10.14.x patches are removed (conflicted with Cat/BS when MatchOS contents is empty), shaneee pat patch is added and applied by default, performance is very good, but may cause HDMI audio issue on some CPUs, if sound issue was found, disable patch 21 (shaneee pat) and enable patch 20 (algrey pat).

Attachments

• 17h-clover naveenkrdy.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 11
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.