Chrome & spotify freeze & crash problem (R9 380 GPU)

SimeJah

AMD OS X Member
So I finally got the hackintosh working quite allright. But I wanted to run 4K@60Hz. So I upgraded my GT710 to a Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB GPU.

However now the system freezes and reboots as soon as I open spotify or chrome. And since they open automatically on login the system freezes and crashes instantly after login.
(I can still login when i switch back to my GT710 GPU)

After some searching it seems it to be a hardware acceleration error. I have disabled it in both applications but no succes. It still crahes.
I do not habe an integrated GPU. (only the 380 and an RTX 3090 for windows)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
I had the same issue but I accidentally messed up my SSD and had to create an EFI from scratch. IDK what's the difference but this did the trick. Maybe there was something off in my EFI.

Now no issues with Chrome or Spotify for me.

SimeJah

AMD OS X Member
I had the same issue but I accidentally messed up my SSD and had to create an EFI from scratch. IDK what's the difference but this did the trick. Maybe there was something off in my EFI.

Now no issues with Chrome or Spotify for me.
Well I now too have remade my entire EFI but no luck :(

Care to share your EFI? would be greatly appreciated!

grad1e

AMD OS X Member

SimeJah

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.