Change "About This Mac"

shrek420

AMD OS X Member
Monterey install was a success. Now I want to change "About This Mac".
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 8.08.00 AM.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you using the Kernel > Quirks > ProvideCurrentCpuInfo option in your config.plist.

You might also want to have a look at Corpnewt's CPU-Name script - https://github.com/corpnewt/CPU-Name, The script works with RestrictEvents to allow you to rename your CPU in About this Mac.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You'll need to set the ProcessorType then. CorpNewts script will handle this for you ;)

shrek420

AMD OS X Member
Are you using the Kernel > Quirks > ProvideCurrentCpuInfo option in your config.plist.

You might also want to have a look at Corpnewt's CPU-Name script - https://github.com/corpnewt/CPU-Name, The script works with RestrictEvents to allow you to rename your CPU in About this Mac.
ProvideCurrentCpuInfo is on. CPU-Name doesn't seem to work.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
ProvideCurrentCpuInfo does not change anything in that regard. Set ProcessorType and add RestrictEvents.kext

shrek420

AMD OS X Member
ProvideCurrentCpuInfo does not change anything in that regard. Set ProcessorType and add RestrictEvents.kext
ProcessorType is set to 1537 and I've had RestrictEvents.

Warlock88

AMD OS X Member

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Monterey install was a success. Now I want to change "About This Mac".
View attachment 4818
I had this issue a while back... Edhawk and Shaneee helped me correct it.... you need Restrict Events kext and change Processor Type in Platform Info to 3842 and I had to add the boot argument revcpu=1

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.