mscarpentier

AMD OS X Member
I am trying to build a Hackintosh with the following specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
  • ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi)
  • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Lite OC 8Gb
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 1Tb

Unfortunately, I hit a brick wall when I found out that there is an issue with my motherboard that makes it unlikely to work on bare metal for now. Thus, I opted for a VM in with QEMU. That's working right now, I managed to install Catalina (on Ubuntu). It's noticeably slow so I was trying to set up a GPU passthrough, but then I discovered that my microprocessor doesn't have an APU, so the motherboard's video outputs are disabled.

I will obviously have to but another video card and I am trying to avoid make any more mistakes when buying parts. I need to get a decent video card that works well with my Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Pulse Lite, not super powerful (as it will just be running Ubuntu's desktop while I use Catalina OSX) and most importantly, cheap but not too close to the end of life as I want to use this computer for around 3 years and I want to keep getting driver updates.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated!! Any tip on what to avoid when looking for one too! Thanks!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.