Catalina on FX-8120 and RX580

acasas

AMD OS X Member
Hello everybody

I'm trying to get Catalina on my old pc, I was able to install mojave with another video card, now that i update my video card to a RX580 i want to install Catalina but i'm always getting a black screen after opencore is loaded (v0.6.3).

I wonder if it's possible to install catalina with my current hardware and what steps should i follow

More details of my hardware:
  • CPU: AMD FX-8120
  • MOBO: Asus Crosshair V Formula with AMD 990FX chipset
  • Video Card: RX580 from gigabyte
thanks in advance!

PD: I tried with UEFI installer but it seems like my old hardware is not able to boot HFS+

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-10-225437.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3

a6666

AMD OS X Member
Hi. I don't have the same hardware but I have an FX processor and an asus motherboard. I could only boot catalina using HfsPlusLegacy.efi Also, you will probably have to change some libraries for the app store and other programs that seem to not work with FX processors to work properly.

acasas

AMD OS X Member
Hi. I don't have the same hardware but I have an FX processor and an asus motherboard. I could only boot catalina using HfsPlusLegacy.efi Also, you will probably have to change some libraries for the app store and other programs that seem to not work with FX processors to work properly.
I'm using HfsPlusLegacy.efi and everything goes good until the installer should be launched, installer is not launched and i'm stuck in a black screen, i attached my opencore log in the original post.

Thanks for recommendations!

acasas

AMD OS X Member
I'm still seeing a black screen when the installer should start, I attached the log output and my EFI folder compressed

can someone help me?

Thanks!

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-12-111321.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.