[Catalina 10.15.6] | Ryzen 5 3600 | Gigabyte Aorus X570I Pro Wifi

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Finally got a pretty stock build working well on this machine :D Posting here as people may find it useful.

OpenCore 0.5.9
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus X570I Pro Wifi (ITX)
Gigabyte Radeon 5600XT
32GB HyperX Fury 3200
500GB Seagate FireCuda PCI4 NVMe M2 (MacOS, in chipset slot)
500GB Samsung 970 Pro Evo (Windows 10, on back of the motherboard)
Stock AX200 M2 Wifi/BT Chip

Works:
  • Apple Services (iCould, AppStore, iMessage)
  • Bluetooth (AirPods, Magic Keyboard, tethered internet from iPhone)
  • Ethernet
  • Shutdown/Restart
  • Sound via HMDI
  • Netflix
  • All USB ports
Does Not
  • Wifi, AX200 is not supported
Not Checked
  • Sleep
Further Improvements?
  • Bootstrap
  • Power management
  • Replace AX200 with either DW1560 or BCM943224, I have both
Process

Mostly followed the OpenCore guide. I did a few additional changes:

• Dumped SSDT and built SDDT-XHC.aml based on the X570 example and my dump
  • Install IntelBluetooth kexts
  • NVME aml and NVMEeFix.kext, since I am using NVMe drives.
  • Tried with both MacPro1,1 and iMacPro7,1

EFI available on Github

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Whoops, if a mod wants to move this to success stories that would be great!

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Just a little update, I ended up swapping the AX200 for a Dell (DW1560) bcm943224pciebt2. Just had to disable the Intel kexts and add the Broadcom fixes (Airport fixup, BRCM kexts). I haven't uploaded those changes to Github, I think keeping the wifi stock for reference is better!

Now wifi and Bluetooth work. I can use AirDrop, BT network from my phone, AirPods, Magic Keyboard, etc.

Also, put back my simple BIOS tweaks: enabled XMP Mode & lowered the dynamic VCore by 0.5V. In Windows, this had no effect on the max boost whilst running Prime95 -- just lowered temperatures. That's always handy in an ITX case!

The next thing to try would be trying to sleep with/without USB attached.

Edit: Updated to 10.15.6 and checked handoff/Apple Watch unlock. All working :D

Last edited:

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
For intel?

IntelBluetoothFirmware
IntelBluetoothInjector

For the DW1560, I used AirportBrcmFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmPatchRAM3, and BT4LEContinuityFixup

When my USB mappings weren't right, I couldn't get BT working at all (connect to Airpods then dropped forever). Once I fixed that the Intel chip worked, then I swapped it for the Broadcom.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Ok thanks
My Bluetooth is really really bad because of this antenna and the boot sequence is messy.
Sometimes it’s slow, I have a black screen and I need to make a hard reboot etc
The BIOS were reset once etc...

i changed This motherboard to the ASUS one...

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Finally got round to using this machine more, I've been using my work MacBook as the only screen I had was the LG Ultrafine (USB-C/Thunderbolt only...)

For sleep, just went with the easy solution:

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 18.31.25.png

I have noticed that my screen goes blue if I mess around with resolutions, etc. The easy solution to that seems to be playing with Night Shift...

My Bluetooth is really really bad because of this antenna and the boot sequence is messy.

Sometimes it’s slow, I have a black screen and I need to make a hard reboot etc

Have you installed the strange "fin-like" antenna the board comes with. I found wifi was garbage until I installed that. I've not experienced any boot issues on this machine, Windows does boot faster than MacOS though!

I have noticed MacOS is pestering for security updates, so I might take a look into playing around with upgrading kexts and MacOs on the weekend.

rx3700

AMD OS X Member
Definetly need the Antenna to get BT working properly

rawtoast

AMD OS X Member
Since I was asked on discord, my power settings are as follows -- basically everything off. I left my machine "on" overnight and the display turns off, but on pressing the keyboard it all turns on again.

I am sure people could experiment with this to find a better solution if they need one. I wouldn't be surprised if sleep worked if you turn off "Wake for network access". Having said all that, I turn my computer off... I use both partitions so sleep isn't so beneficial to me.

Screenshot 2020-10-13 at 12.55.49.png

Edit: updated to 10.15.7 using autoupdate, no problems so far...

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.