Catalina 10.15.5 usb mouse stuttering and general lag

c3sco

AMD OS X Member
I've installed macos catalina 10.15.5 on a Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro with a Ryzen 5 2600, following dortania's opencore guide.
Everything works but i'm experiencing a general lag, and it's more evident with mouse movements.
I have a nvidia gt 710 and i initially thought that it could be the cause but i'm not sure:
Dortania opencore guide recommend to enable "Above 4G Decoding". If i enable above 4g decoding (removing npci=0x2000 from boot-args) the lag is visible and sleep/wake works. If i disable above 4g decoding (adding npci=0x2000 from boot-args) the lag disappear but sleep/wake doesn't work anymore.

Does anyone experienced something similar?

Sorry for my bad english

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Hi!! I have the same situation here.. Did you fix it??

Thanks

ejdyksen

AMD OS X Member
Also having a similar problem with my X570 board. The cursor jumps occasionally when moving

Try disabling SMCAMDProcessor and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement kexts and see if that helps. It seems to have worked for me...

pampas

AMD OS X Member
I will take a look... thanks for your answer

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Catalina runs very smooth but I have the same mouse cursor lags under Big Sur, disabling low power state from the automatic speed adjustment helped there.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.