Catalina 10.15.5 • Asrock B450M Pro4 • Ryzen 5 3600

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Got my system up and running today using OC 0.5.8 Debug and MacOS 10.15.5. My hardware is listed below in my Signature.

My install was pretty straight forward, following the Opencore Desktop Guide. The Install USB booted up perfectly on the first try. Installation of MacOS went smoothly; also on the first try. This isn't my first Hackintosh, but it is my first Hackintosh on an AMD CPU.

Here is a screenshot of my EFI folder:
MyEFI.png

What works:
Handoff • Continuity • Wifi • Bluetooth • Unlock with Apple Watch

What doesn't work:
Sleep • USB 2

Quirks:
NVMe drive shows as an external drive.
External SSD connected via USB 3 shows as internal drive
Sometimes Restart or Shutdown just hangs
AirDrop partially works -- it recognizes my iPhone and iPad, but can't see my other Hackintosh or my Macbook Pro, nor can it be seen by my other devices.

Last edited:

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Got my system up and running today using OC 0.5.8 Debug and MacOS 10.15.5. My hardware is listed below in my Signature.

My install was pretty straight forward, following the Opencore Desktop Guide. The Install USB booted up perfectly on the first try. Installation of MacOS went smoothly; also on the first try. This isn't my first Hackintosh, but it is my first Hackintosh on an AMD CPU.

Here is a screenshot of my EFI folder:
View attachment 410

What works:
Handoff • Continuity • Wifi • Bluetooth • Unlock with Apple Watch

What doesn't work:
Sleep • USB 2

Quirks:
NVMe drive shows as an external drive.
External SSD connected via USB 3 shows as internal drive
Sometimes Restart or Shutdown just hangs
AirDrop partially works -- it recognizes my iPhone and iPad, but can't see my other Hackintosh or my Macbook Pro, nor can it be seen by my other devices.

What did you have to do to get the WiFi working. I’ve just purchased a Fenvi T919 but it will not connect to my WiFi.

Thanks
Rob

Last edited:

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
WIFI for me worked out of the box, nothing special needed. But bluetooth needed a little janky fix because I don't have USB 2 working on my motherboard.

On my wifi adapter, there is connector which you normally plug directly to an internal USB 2 connector. This is needed to get bluetooth working. I also have a Fenvi T919 in an intel hackintosh, so I know it also has that USB header.

But since I don't have USB 2 working on the Asrock B450M Pro 4 yet, I've had make a custom cable that connects the wifi adapter's internal usb 2 cable to one of my USB 3 ports.

Last edited:

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Here are pics of my custom adapter.

mycustomadapter.png
custom adapter.png
breakoutboard.png

The middle pic is the actual adapter. It is basically just 4 wires soldered to a Micro USB breakout board, an example of which is the 3rd pic. Then I just plug that adapter into a micro usb cable, which in turn is plugged into a USB 3 port on my motherboard. USB breakout boards are dirt cheap on ebay or amazon.

Micro USB breakout boards on AMAZON

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here are pics of my custom adapter.

View attachment 545
View attachment 546
View attachment 547

The middle pic is the actual adapter. It is basically just 4 wires soldered to a Micro USB breakout board, an example of which is the 3rd pic. Then I just plug that adapter into a micro usb cable, which in turn is plugged into a USB 3 port on my motherboard. USB breakout boards are dirt cheap on ebay or amazon.

Micro USB breakout boards on AMAZON
Thank you so much for your help.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Oh, one more thing.

On wifi, my antennas originally were on the back of my pc case, it had terrible reception. So my wifi signal kept dropping. Perhaps this is why you can't connect to your wifi. My solution was to get rp-sma extension cables to move my antennas up a little higher. No more dropped signals.

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Oh, one more thing.

On wifi, my antennas originally were on the back of my pc case, it had terrible reception. So my wifi signal kept dropping. Perhaps this is why you can't connect to your wifi. My solution was to get rp-sma extension cables to move my antennas up a little higher. No more dropped signals.
Got the WiFi connected, albeit, extremely slow, to the point where it isn’t worth using. Full signal on both 2g and 5g, but slow as hell.

im going to try to get the USB ports to work as they should. Is there a way of doing this?are there Kexts needed or SSDT’s for the Asrock B450 Steel Legend.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Got the WiFi connected, albeit, extremely slow, to the point where it isn’t worth using. Full signal on both 2g and 5g, but slow as hell.

im going to try to get the USB ports to work as they should. Is there a way of doing this?are there Kexts needed or SSDT’s for the Asrock B450 Steel Legend.

There are several tutorials about mapping your usb ports, but they're all written from the perspective of developers, so its a bit difficult to comprehend for laymen. The ones from this link, are the best ones I've seen, but still a challenge for me to grasp.

r08ert0

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
There are several tutorials about mapping your usb ports, but they're all written from the perspective of developers, so its a bit difficult to comprehend for laymen. The ones from this link, are the best ones I've seen, but still a challenge for me to grasp.
Thanks and yes it is daunting...

Najmul

AMD OS X Member

Najmul

AMD OS X Member
It's better to configure your own using the opencore desktop guide from dortania. Other people's config may not work for your system.

Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 6.47.32 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    42.3 KB · Views: 28

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member

Fistandantilus1000

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I am an Italian guy and I apologize for my bad English ... anyway, I have the same problems on the MB after installing Big Sur. I tried to map the USB and everything is fine for the 3.1 gen 1 and 3.1 gen 2 (the denominations are comlicated and it gets confusing I always called them 3.0 and 3.1 but I hope I explained). when I connect a pendrive(USB.20) to USB 2.0 IORegistryExplorer does not detect anything. Do you know how I can do it? In the next few days FenviT919 will arrive and I will also be able to test wifi and bluetoooth. Thanks for your help :)

eye

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I am an Italian guy and I apologize for my bad English ... anyway, I have the same problems on the MB after installing Big Sur. I tried to map the USB and everything is fine for the 3.1 gen 1 and 3.1 gen 2 (the denominations are comlicated and it gets confusing I always called them 3.0 and 3.1 but I hope I explained). when I connect a pendrive(USB.20) to USB 2.0 IORegistryExplorer does not detect anything. Do you know how I can do it? In the next few days FenviT919 will arrive and I will also be able to test wifi and bluetoooth. Thanks for your help :)
How did you map USB ports. You must use a USB 2 and a USB 3 device while mapping. Because There is USB2 drivers for each USB3 port. and in hacintool software u see them as separate port. So first of all download Hackintool software from https://github.com/headkaze/Hackintool. I use the same moBo. So I add my map( .aml and .kext files) try them first.. If not works use 'USB reset' folder. Usb reset aml and kext files will reset ur usb map and many of ports will be seen in Hackintool. So using usb 2 and usb 3 devices detect ur ports again and create ur own map...BAckup your EFı folder always...

Attachments

• My Map.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 6
  • USB reset.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.