Can't upgrade to monterey

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
I downloaded update, start installation, I arrive at reboot and I find myself with the classic Macintosh Hd disk at boot. I start that but nothing, in a few seconds the pc restarts. After several attempts I start the standard mac hd, but I always end up with big sur.

I have OC 0.7.4 and set securebootmodel to default

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
System specs? If it's a MSI motherboard that'll be the issue.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
In that case make sure you've got the latest patches from the AMD_Vanilla GitHub and you've set them up correctly. Also update your kexts. Many were updated for macOS 12 support.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

pampas

AMD OS X Member
ok. thanks. I have B450 itx. I don't have any problem till now

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
In that case make sure you've got the latest patches from the AMD_Vanilla GitHub and you've set them up correctly. Also update your kexts. Many were updated for macOS 12 support.
All update and config. Securebootmodel must be "disabled"?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
SecureBootModel should be set to Default.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Clear the NVRAM and start the update from the System Preferences pane again.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Mine is set to Disabled as well and my current EFI (0.7.4) on my Monterey test stick booted fine and fast. I'm confused which setting is best, there seem to be conflicting suggestions? Wanted to give the upgrade to Monterey a go this weekend.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I've seen it stick there before after a failed update. If you've got everything updated then download the app from the App Store and use createinstallmedia to make a bootable USB.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

Replace MyVolume with the name of your USB drive.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
I've seen it stick there before after a failed update. If you've got everything updated then download the app from the App Store and use createinstallmedia to make a bootable USB.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume

Replace MyVolume with the name of your USB drive.
try to update with usb installer..nothing to do.
Try a fresh install, notingh... I cant install monterey.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
I have used @AudioGod Efi for install Monterey, everything work. Return to use my big sur efi, same, all work. Only a problem: when I boot, first time not bot, auto restart. Then, second boot is fine. Every time I have to boot two time for go to desktop

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.