Cant Update to 11.0.1 Candidate 1/2. Update keeps re-downloading.

GuessWhosBack

AMD OS X Member
I have the following problem. After downloading the new update my Hackintosh restarts. The Update screen ("10 minutes remaining") appears. These 10 Minutes are going by not updating at all. At the end the start screen reappears with the old version still running and I can download the update again.
Reenrolling the beta profile doesn't seem to change anything.
I have this problem since Beta 10. I managed to get the first release candidate through recovery.
I don't know if this is related or not. I also changed from a Samsung 860 EVO to a 970 EVO after Beta 10.
OC Version: 6.4 (also didn't work with 6.3 and 6.1).
Did someone have the same problem? Thanks in advance.

owlly61

AMD OS X Member
Yes I had the same problem. I was on 11.0.1 Beta and I wanted to update to 11.0.1 Official yesterday and I can't. It showed it's updating but it didn't. It's back to old version whenever the update finished and restarted.
My solution was fresh re-installing the Official version via USB. I had to backup my SSD via Time-Machine first. After successfully installed the Official ver, on setting up screen, I restored via Time Machine.

GuessWhosBack

AMD OS X Member
Thank you. I managed to install it through a USB. I didn't need to completely reinstall my whole system. However I might do this and restore with Time Machine if the issue will appear on the next update again.

owlly61

AMD OS X Member
Oh I see. Good for you. Yeah I hope there'll be no issues like this on the next update.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.