Can't get past reinstall Catalina

Schix

AMD OS X Member
EDIT: I got around the issue by simply downloading macos onto an external through clover on my laptop, from there i moved the drive over to my desktop and copied the partition onto my mac drive.

Hello,

Whenever I boot to the macOS Recovery and try to install Catalina, it says that an internet connection is required for installation. I have the full macOS installation drive from gibmacos but it doesn't recognize the installation media on the drive.

I have since added LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and itlwm.kext to get an active internet connection. Although recovery recognizes my ethernet and wifi cards now, it says that their both inactive in the network utility.

Attachments

• config.plist
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

thepensivemonk

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you try switching which USB port the install media is in? Sometimes some USB controllers won't work at that stage. Try a motherboard USB3 port on the back..

pm

Schix

AMD OS X Member
Did you try switching which USB port the install media is in? Sometimes some USB controllers won't work at that stage. Try a motherboard USB3 port on the back..

pm
I tested what you said with no luck sadly, i appreciate your quick response though!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.