Cant boot HS installation: persistent enumeration failures.

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
Hi!
I've recently made a mistake: installed Mac OS Catalina on PC with pascal GPU.
My setup is:
Ryzen 9 3900x
Gigabyte x570 xtreme board
32gb ram
Samsung 970 evo plus and pro M2, crucial sata SSD
GTX 1080.

I used opencore 0.5.8 for installing and running Mac OS Catalina. Everything was easy and butter smooth. No issues after boot except missing GPU acceleration.
Now I would like to install Mac OS High Sierra instead, and I can’t even boot installer. At some point it configs usb devices with some errors and after all there are "persistent enumeration failures" messages on screen leadind to halt with crossed circle on screen. Tried mapping USB ports manually, generating kext and SSDT, applying patches, downgrading opencore version to 0.5.6 or even 0.5.5.
Any help please?
Screen phtoto and EFI folder are attached. Cant find anything related to this issue.

Attachments

• canvas.png
    canvas.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 13
  • EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try using this SSDT for X570 USB. I can install High Sierra without issues when using it.

Attachments

• SSDT-XHC.aml.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 9

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
Try using this SSDT for X570 USB. I can install High Sierra without issues when using it.
Thank you. I will try asap. After adding this SSDT to config do I have to disable XchiPortLimit?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@iNIKEL It shouldn't really matter.

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
@iNIKEL It shouldn't really matter.
Ok. Thanks.
I have tried your SSDT file without any luck :(
I've even found someone posted full files pack for x570 xtreme and Ryzen 9 on github, noting that its tested on 10.14 and 10.15.
Did not work for me. Same issue. I have feeling that none of changes in kext and acpi patches take effect on my issue.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you add the SSDT to the config? With OpenCore you can't just add the file to the folder.

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
Did you add the SSDT to the config? With OpenCore you can't just add the file to the folder.
Sure. Tried with your SSDT only, tried with full SSDT setup for my board, tried without any SSDT. The same halt... Its nearly at the begining of the install booting.

I have Catalina installed on sata SSD drive. Can It cause any interference? There is no bootloader on Catalina drive though. I use opencore on flash drive to boot catalina (it boots like a charm) and both for booting High Sierra installer (there are those nasty errors). And I am full of enthusiasm to change High Sierra installer to Mojave, just for testing.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried using another USB port? Another option is to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext but set it in your config to only load on High Sierra.

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried using another USB port? Another option is to add GenericUSBXHCI.kext but set it in your config to only load on High Sierra.
yep, tried almost all of the ports. When using GenericUSBXHCI.kext there is panic or whatever causes instant reboot, cant even read verbose.

iNIKEL

AMD OS X Member
yep, tried almost all of the ports. When using GenericUSBXHCI.kext there is panic or whatever causes instant reboot, cant even read verbose.
Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. Looks like it's step further now. Possbily it was last port i did not tried (the one my mouse connected) or changing model to iMac Pro helped. Now installer boots and there is animation telling to enable mouse or keyboard.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.