Cannot upgrade to Monterey (trying to test it on a USB drive first...)

askunk

AMD OS X Member
Hi there!

I wanted to check safely that my EFI works with Monterey.

• I (think I) have followed all the Dortania guidelines and validated my EFI folder (OC 0.7.4) with the ocvalidate utility and it doesn't show any warning.
  • The folder works fine on my internal SSD with Big Sur 11.5.2 (even faster than 0.7.3)

• I have placed the EFI folder in the EFI partition of a USB drive
  • I have started the installation of Monterey on the USB drive (GUID, HFS+, 128GB), which went ok till it asked to restart.

When I restart, I select in the BIOS to boot from the USB drive, I go through the initial volume selection and I choose the "Macintosh HD (external)" option and it stops here (see image).... any suggestions?

I tried to repeat the operation (on the USB drive) with the Big Sur installer (11.6.1) and it gives me back a blank screen (after the boot volume selection). I cannot complete the install procedure.

I am keeping my working 11.5.2 and OC 0.7.4 on my internal SSD.... but I wish I could upgrade!

Thank you!
@

Attachments

• tempImageFmURjY.png
    tempImageFmURjY.png
    10.5 MB · Views: 23

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Have you updated the kernel patches recently?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.