Cannot upgrade from 11.6.1 to 12.0

dmls

AMD OS X Member
In the previous post I upgraded to the latest Opencore, patches and extensions, but due to some problems I didn't choose to update. Now I'm ready to upgrade to 12.0, and he didn't get into the system smoothly. Since I don't know how to describe the problem I recorded a video hoping you don't mind

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.2 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have an MSI board? That's pretty much the same I was getting.

dmls

AMD OS X Member

dmls

AMD OS X Member
Shame there is still no solution for MSI board users.. :(
I saw a successful upgrade from b550 to 12 in the forum. If there is no solution, I will try to use the EFI provided by him

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The solution is to use an older BIOS version the majority of the time it's one prior to 5000 series support, which you can't do as you've got a 5600X.

dmls

AMD OS X Member
The solution is to use an older BIOS version the majority of the time it's one prior to 5000 series support, which you can't do as you've got a 5600X.
well, I can only expect someone to solve this problem:cry::cry:

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
I've tried every possible BIOS that supports ryzen 3000, even the oldest one and no luck with mine MSI X570 A-PRO. So it is not 100% accurate

Ok.. Mea culpa.

I have installed the oldest possible bios for X570 A-PRO (7C37vH1) and Monterey installation just started without any hiccup.

I think this issue might be related to AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3, not to MSI ACPI, as the oldest possible bios is just a initial bios without any additional upgrades and the second oldest version has implemented this CombiPI. Since that the monterey is not working at all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.