Cannot upgrade from 11.6.1 to 12.0

dmls

In the previous post I upgraded to the latest Opencore, patches and extensions, but due to some problems I didn't choose to update. Now I'm ready to upgrade to 12.0, and he didn't get into the system smoothly. Since I don't know how to describe the problem I recorded a video hoping you don't mind

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    33.2 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
The solution is to use an older BIOS version the majority of the time it's one prior to 5000 series support, which you can't do as you've got a 5600X.

misterrm

The solution is to use an older BIOS version the majority of the time it's one prior to 5000 series support, which you can't do as you've got a 5600X.
I've tried every possible BIOS that supports ryzen 3000, even the oldest one and no luck with mine MSI X570 A-PRO. So it is not 100% accurate

Ok.. Mea culpa.

I have installed the oldest possible bios for X570 A-PRO (7C37vH1) and Monterey installation just started without any hiccup.

I think this issue might be related to AMD ComboPI1.0.0.3, not to MSI ACPI, as the oldest possible bios is just a initial bios without any additional upgrades and the second oldest version has implemented this CombiPI. Since that the monterey is not working at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom