Cannot install macOS Monterey 12.1 on MSI B550 edge wifi motherboard

tjthelion

AMD OS X Member
When I attempt to boot into the installer I get still waiting for root device and NVME assert failed with the prohibited sign on 12.1 beta 3. I cannot boot into macOS no matter what EFI I create or use: all of them fail with the exact same error. According to other threads the only other option is to downgrade my motherboard BIOS but I'm using a 5600x and I also need Monterey 12.1 since I'm using a 6600 XT. Has anyone found a solution?
Here are the EFI's I've attempted to use:

Here are my specs:
CPU: 5600X
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Edge Wifi
GPU: MSI 6600 XT

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think "NVME assert failed" is a sign of the MSI BIOS issues. So with a Zen 3 you're basically locked to Big Sur for now.
So you could switch to a Zen 2 and downgrade the BIOS to a working one, or replace your motherboard with a non-MSI one.

ImpossibleObject

AMD OS X Member
I think "NVME assert failed" is a sign of the MSI BIOS issues. So with a Zen 3 you're basically locked to Big Sur for now.
So you could switch to a Zen 2 and downgrade the BIOS to a working one, or replace your motherboard with a non-MSI one.
Is there a specific release date from which bioses will still work? Running Zen2 on MSI B450 and kinda worried that it might not work since I already had trouble with the last install

cgla

AMD OS X Member
Hi I have similar request due to my RX6600XT GPU. I need 12.1 but my MSI MB is holding me. I can install 12.0.1 but no GPU support..

Have you made any progress recently?

Thanks Pal!

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi I have similar request due to my RX6600XT GPU. I need 12.1 but my MSI MB is holding me. I can install 12.0.1 but no GPU support..

Have you made any progress recently?

Thanks Pal!
On Dortania guide it says now that RX 6600 works with 12.1 BUT if you have an MSI board, I do not know if you can do 12.1 yet.

Opencore GPU Support List

eg_julien

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
Same problems here with an MSI B550 A-pro... I newly bought an 6600XT since my previous gc died.

Did you find some new stuffs ?

I actually wanted to downgrade my Bios version but I can't find any download ... do you know where I could find that ?

Thanks !

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Brownnland

AMD OS X Member

AndryX19

AMD OS X Member
When I attempt to boot into the installer I get still waiting for root device and NVME assert failed with the prohibited sign on 12.1 beta 3. I cannot boot into macOS no matter what EFI I create or use: all of them fail with the exact same error. According to other threads the only other option is to downgrade my motherboard BIOS but I'm using a 5600x and I also need Monterey 12.1 since I'm using a 6600 XT. Has anyone found a solution?
Here are the EFI's I've attempted to use:

Here are my specs:
CPU: 5600X
Motherboard: MSI MPG B550 Edge Wifi
GPU: MSI 6600 XT
Same error on mine msi B550i, the problem seem connected to cpu version, i mean with ryzen 3xxx no problem at all, only with 5xxx there's a problem. Hope someone can fix it.

p2mmao

AMD OS X Member
12.4 runs on my MSI B550 Mortar wifi with 5800x and samsug M.2 PM9a1 SSD, and succesfully upgraded to 13beta, some guys use samsung T7 USB HDD to successfully install 12.4 on MSI B550 Mortar wifi with 5600, you can also try SATA SSD on MSI B550 Mortar wifi

AndryX19

AMD OS X Member
12.4 runs on my MSI B550 Mortar wifi with 5800x and samsug M.2 PM9a1 SSD, and succesfully upgraded to 13beta, some guys use samsung T7 USB HDD to successfully install 12.4 on MSI B550 Mortar wifi with 5600, you can also try SATA SSD on MSI B550 Mortar wifi
Can I ask you to share your EFI (remove serial and mb no.) to check difference with mine and also the bios version running on your motherboard?

yosbel12

AMD OS X Member
I HAVE A MSI B550 CARBON WIFI with rayzen 7 5800x what are the ste[s to get the monterrey working i have big slur already but cant maake monterrey work

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
MSI MB are known to be problematic with Monterey

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
I HAVE A MSI B550 CARBON WIFI with rayzen 7 5800x what are the ste[s to get the monterrey working i have big slur already but cant maake monterrey work
Try adding and enabling AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext and enable the ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.