Hello,

It's a Laptop (ASUS TUF)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H (2.9ghz)
Geforce GTX 1660 TI 6GB

Fingers Crossed

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Unfortunately the answer is No, the reason being the Nvidia dGPU is not supported in macOS. You need a supported IGPU or dGPU for macOS to work, your laptop contains neither.

Quandril

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately the answer is No, the reason being the Nvidia dGPU is not supported in macOS. You need a supported IGPU or dGPU for macOS to work, your laptop contains neither.

Thanks for your respons.

So i plan on dual booting WIN & OSX , and i want to be able to play the latest games.

So what i want is an Intel CPU (i5 or i7 , 9th or 10th gen)?

And whats recommended for graphic hardware?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Are you looking for a Desktop or Laptop?
What is your budget?

If a desktop system is required, then you can use an AMD CPU with a compatible dGPU. Here is a link to the current support for AMD dGPU's - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#native-amd-gpus. Do not make the mistake of thinking a dGPU supported in a desktop will automatically work in a Laptop when running macOS. You will also find the most current dGPU's are really expensive due to the Bitcoin mining expansion. A decent graphics card that previously would have cost £300-£400 now costs £1,600+, which is just mental.

If you want to dual boot and game only in Windows then an Intel i5 or i7 Laptop would be fine. Most laptops use 'Switchable Graphics' which in Windows is fine but not for macOS. You would need to disable the discrete GPU and just use the Intel iGPU for graphics in macOS. This is normal for most Laptop hacks.

High-End laptops come with good discrete GPU's but are expensive and usually quite large, i.e. desktop replacement systems, or more commonly mobile Workstations. The ones I have seen recently tend to come with just the IGPU or Nvidia graphics. You would need to make sure the mobile workstation doesn't come with 'Switchable Graphics' as they aren't supported in macOS.

Last but not least you could look at a buying an Intel MacBook Pro, possibly second hand/refurbished.

Quandril

AMD OS X Member
Are you looking for a Desktop or Laptop?
What is your budget?

If a desktop system is required, then you can use an AMD CPU with a compatible dGPU. Here is a link to the current support for AMD dGPU's - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html#native-amd-gpus. Do not make the mistake of thinking a dGPU supported in a desktop will automatically work in a Laptop when running macOS. You will also find the most current dGPU's are really expensive due to the Bitcoin mining expansion. A decent graphics card that previously would have cost £300-£400 now costs £1,600+, which is just mental.

If you want to dual boot and game only in Windows then an Intel i5 or i7 Laptop would be fine. Most laptops use 'Switchable Graphics' which in Windows is fine but not for macOS. You would need to disable the discrete GPU and just use the Intel iGPU for graphics in macOS. This is normal for most Laptop hacks.

High-End laptops come with good discrete GPU's but are expensive and usually quite large, i.e. desktop replacement systems, or more commonly mobile Workstations. The ones I have seen recently tend to come with just the IGPU or Nvidia graphics. You would need to make sure the mobile workstation doesn't come with 'Switchable Graphics' as they aren't supported in macOS.

Last but not least you could look at a buying an Intel MacBook Pro, possibly second hand/refurbished.

Looking for a laptop, yes.

I used to have an ASUS Strix i7 7th gen, had both the integrated and an nvidia if i recall correct, i had to visit some bios haking site.
and for about 10 euro the guy send me the hacked bios wich had the switchable graphics off. (it's been 5 year so don't 100% on the details :p
I was running high sierry on that one, it ran like a charm. Started Hackintoshing from Mavericks, but kinda rusty hehe. Patches, Kexts, smbios etc :p i remember somewhat, ill just neeeda find good guide from a working setup, and buy the laptop i guess.

I need a decent laptop that could run red dead redemption and the likes. But i don't mind playing in the windows side.
Would love catalina, and wifi working hehe.

Looking on the web :p

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.