Can I install big sur with an AMD Radeon 6700 HD?

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone .. I wish you a good day

This time I am here to ask about the Amd radeon 6700 HD graphics card (year 2010-2011). Does anyone know if it can work? I'm sure of all my hardware except the graphics card.

Thank you very much for your time

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @Aledky91

AMD Radeon 6000 series doesn't support Metal which is required for Big Sur so I don't think you'll be able to have acceleration using the Radeon 6700 HD GPU only 7000 series and above are supported in Big Sur.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Aledky91

AMD Radeon 6000 series doesn't support Metal which is required for Big Sur so I don't think you'll be able to have acceleration using the Radeon 6700 HD GPU only 7000 series and above are supported in Big Sur.
Hi
Thank you very much for your help .. I will try to find a compatible graphics card. Thank you for your quick reply. (y)(y)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you're looking for the cheapest possible option then the Radeon HD 7000/8000 Series or GeForce GT 710 (GK208) would work on Big Sur, though support for the latter has been dropped in Monterey. But both options are not the best experience even when just used for office work.

If you want a decent experience and support for a couple of years I'd go with at least an RX 460/560 (just stay away from XFX, PowerColor ones to avoid potential issues).

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.