Can I get work Intel hackintosh on AMD pc simply changed EFI folder?

camotsuc

AMD OS X Member
I have my pc on Intel installed on SSD, but can I simply change EFI folder on my SSD and plug it to my AMD pc? It will work? I don't have access to AMD pc right now, so I can't test it.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
A clean install and then transfering the data would probably be easier, cleaning the system from time to time is always good.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Yes, but if I'll simple change EFI folder, will it work?

Make a new EFI on a USB thumbdrive. Boot from that thumbdrive, but choose to launch the harddrive, with your current installation, from the picker. If it works, then copy the new EFI over your old EFI.

camotsuc

AMD OS X Member
Make a new EFI on a USB thumbdrive. Boot from that thumbdrive, but choose to launch the harddrive, with your current installation, from the picker. If it works, then copy the new EFI over your old EFI.
Thanks, I will try it and write results

Vlad Vovk

AMD OS X Member
Yes, it must work, because you have vanilla Hackintosh. All file from macOS system is not modified and must work with new EFI folder for intel/and machine
I also watch video on youtube, and it works fine

olbo

AMD OS X Member
I can confirm, it works fine. I went from i5 6500 to 3950x using same macOS install but different EFI folder. The only annoyance is that Mac complained about my software being installed on another machine, however signing out and back into iCloud removed the error.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.