Can I do the install w my current GTX 750 ti ?

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
From my reading I se this is not a supported card, but can I do the install with it or do I need to wait for the HD8760 I just ordered up on ebay before attempting the install ?

I guess my question is can I get through the install w this card at all or will that part not work ? I assume if I can install ....... many things will not function and I'll need to install the other "supported" card, but just wondering if I can get that far.

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It may be possible yes. You'd need the boot arg nv_disable=1

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
It may be possible yes. You'd need the boot arg nv_disable=1
Thanks, well my Radeon HD 8760 showed up today and I've had a couple successful boots. The install finishes but now after booting it gets to this yellow screen where it just sits for a while and then re-boots again.

Not too sure where to go from here. will there be a log on the USB that could help?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Do you have Whatevergreen included in your kexts?

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
Do you have Whatevergreen included in your kexts?
Yes I do ....... attaching my plist and a screen-shot of my OC folder.

Attachments

• oc-folder-screenshot.png
    oc-folder-screenshot.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 4
  • config.plist
    48.5 KB · Views: 1

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Add radpg=15 as a boot arg and try boot.

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
Add radpg=15 as a boot arg and try boot.
Woooot!! :)

Got through the 1st run stuff but now no network connection. (no wired OR wif) Is this normal ? Maybe I have wrong kext for this card? Intel AX200.

Used the

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Your board has the RTL8125 LAN interface; I'm guessing the 8111 kext isn't going to work (hence no ethernet). There's a thread on Reddit that might have pointers. This thread has links to a prebuilt kext. (y)

Last edited:

atsmusz

AMD OS X Member
So ....... I have everything working except for a USB mapping hell.

Radeon 8760 working well.

Onboard wifi and bluetooth(bluetooth is "sketchy" due to USB issues) are "working" LAN requires a re-set once booted although using the wifi until I get a chance to run a cable to this location in my house.

Appreciate your assistance !

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.