Built in sound instead of HDMI

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
Question: Is it possible to have your monitor show up as built-in speaker instead of HDMI? Right now I need to use MonitorControl to control audio but was wondering if i can use a built in function.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
My monitor (connected over DisplayPort) shows up as an audio device under Sound. It's fairly new so guess it announces itself as a capable output device to macOS, but that would depend on your monitor type.

mjgha

AMD OS X Member
My monitor (connected over DisplayPort) shows up as an audio device under Sound. It's fairly new so guess it announces itself as a capable output device to macOS, but that would depend on your monitor type.
I get no sound when i select built in speaker. Although i do notice i can adjust the sound these days.. before it would not let me do that. so believe that maybe by playing with alcid setting of apple alc kext?

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I've never had to look into that myself, but I imagine that is a good place to start. Make sure you're on the latest version.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.