Building Ultimate Hackintosh Ryzentosh compatibility check.

vladc77

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

This is my first post here and I hope you may be able to help to avoid taking a wrong direction.

I would like to build a powerful Ryzentosh machine to use for various workloads including use of Adobe products as well as for video editing with other apps. The goal is to be able to work on both Mac OS Catalina and Windows 10 interchangeably. I've read some contradictory comments about AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X or 3960x not being compatible with Adobe products on MAC OS. However, some were saying that it may be possible. My understanding is that this processor will work just fine on Windows 10. Please correct me if I am mistaken here.

Below is the list of components that I initially was planning to work with to build this machine.

I'd like to find out if AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X chip is NO go to work with Adobe products on MacOS Catalina. Please share your knowledge. Any help is highly appreciated. Please suggest which motherboard will be the best suitable for this hackintosh.

------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 3.7 GHz 32-Core TRX4 Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte TRX40 DESIGNARE TRX4 XL-ATX Motherboard
or
ASRock MB TRX40 Creator AMD Ryzen Threadripper sTRX4 TRX40 Max256GB DR4 ATX
or
GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS Xtreme
Cooler: Noctua DH15
or
Noctua NH-U12A

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT
or
Sapphire Radeon VII

RAM: 64GB or 128B of HyperX Predator Black 64GB kit 3600MHz DDR4 CL17 DIMM XMP
SSD: Corsair MP600 SSD (2TB)
PSU: Corsair HX Series, HX1200, 1200 Watt
Case: Fractal Design Define 7 XT

macOS Catalina & Windows 10
------------------------

Last edited:

winterwolf

AMD OS X Member
Looks Like Morgonaut did it.
Would like to know if you can get Thunderbolt to work on a TRX40.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
She used a VM with passthrough. Join the Discord server and speak to Pavo or fabiosun. They have a TRX40 system

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.