BT not working with MacOS BCM94360NG

ady702

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,
I got a BCM94360NG card which Wifi seems to work fine but cannot seem to see or get Bluetooth to work.
Under hardware nothing shows up in Bluetooth. Maybe its a faulty card not sure, have emailed the seller to see if they can send a replacement.
I have it plugged into an MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC motherboard with the two cables attached at the top to external antennas.
Not sure what else to try?
Cheers

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There should be a USB header for the BT on the card.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
There should be a USB header for the BT on the card.

I'm not sure that's the OP's issue. From what I can tell, OP replaced the motherboard's original M.2 wifi adapter with an BCM94360NG. I also have the same BCM94360NG, but it is installed in a M.2 to PCIE adapter card. There is no USB header on the BCM94360NG card...the usb header is on my PCIE adapter card. So my guess is that the M.2 slot on his motherboard should already have some sort of hardwiring already connected. Just a guess though.

Just an FYI though, initially, I also had bluetooth functionality not working correctly. This was because USB2 functionality on my motherboard didn't work until I corrected it with port mapping.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@wild_eep True. Never noticed it was a M.2 card.

@ady702 Download Hackintool and check for the BT in the PCI tab.

ady702

AMD OS X Member
@wild_eep True. Never noticed it was a M.2 card.

@ady702 Download Hackintool and check for the BT in the PCI tab.

I can only see RTL8111 for my ethernet and BCM4360 for Wifi, no sign of BT. Also nothing showing in Bluetooth under System tab.

I'm not sure that's the OP's issue. From what I can tell, OP replaced the motherboard's original M.2 wifi adapter with an BCM94360NG. I also have the same BCM94360NG, but it is installed in a M.2 to PCIE adapter card. There is no USB header on the BCM94360NG card...the usb header is on my PCIE adapter card. So my guess is that the M.2 slot on his motherboard should already have some sort of hardwiring already connected. Just a guess though.

Just an FYI though, initially, I also had bluetooth functionality not working correctly. This was because USB2 functionality on my motherboard didn't work until I corrected it with port mapping.

What adapter did you buy mate? I thought it would be plug and play like alot of other people have used it in their systems.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Save an IOReg and upload it please.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
What adapter did you buy mate? I thought it would be plug and play like alot of other people have used it in their systems.
I simply use an adapter because my motherboard didn't have an M.2 A+E slot for a wifi adapter. Since your motherboard has a dedicated M.2 slot for wifi, I wouldn't buy the PCIE adapter card I use. I suspect that your problem is a configuration issue, not a hardware issue. Alas, I don't have an answer to your configuation issue.

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
I dunno if this will work for you, but when I initially started, all USB2 functionality would not work on my motherboard. I couldn't get port mapping to work correctly. Since my adapter card needed to plug into an internal USB2 header, I couldn't get bluetooth working. I forgot which SMBIOS I used initially, but whatever it was, it didn't have USB2 ports mapped correctly. When I switched the SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, USB2 functionality was restored, thus bluetooth was enabled for me.

That's why I say I suspect it was a configuration issue, not a hardware issue, in my previous comments

ady702

AMD OS X Member
I don't have any issues with USB, everything works fine with all the ports.

Attachments

• ad’s iMac Pro.zip
    824.4 KB · Views: 5

pampas

AMD OS X Member
hi
have you solved it?

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
I had some issues, but I moved the port and ran Bluesuite 2.5? on it. Seems to work okay, but I had to remove my Keyboard and Mouse from BT as they were not working on startup.
I was on the verge of buying an Asus BT400 adapter online

pampas

AMD OS X Member
@ady702 I have the same Mobo, what I don't understand is the on Catalina I have wifi an BT working perfectly but, when I installed Big Sur I used the same usb kext but nothing, only wifi is working. BT is not detected at all.
In my IORegistry BT appears on port 25
any help?

ady702

AMD OS X Member
@pampas I got a Asus BT400 dongle....

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your answer man.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
I have same issue as OP, the Wifi/BT card is working fine in windows 10 after I installed fenvi driver. But in MacOS is an another story, Wifi works out of the box, BT not showing in system, I guess due to USB mapping improperly .

zk2004mb

AMD OS X Member
I'm pretty sure this problem can be solved if you manually map the internal USB port for 94360NG. I'm using it right now. This card works out of box with X570, and I can see the internal port without any extra ssdt.

ady702

AMD OS X Member
There are instructions along with the installation guide I believe.

I had a look and seems so long winded lol Glad I just got the Bt400 dongle, no issues with it and works from sleep for me.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.