Broadcom BCM943602CS 1750Mbps PCI-E card

Edwin

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Is the Broadcom chip showing in Hackintool, see the two screenshots below showing my Broadcom card.

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 01.07.02.png System > Peripherals tab

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 01.07.19.png PCIe devices tab

When I click on the magnifying glass icon on the System > Peripherals tab, this opens a window showing the AirPortBrcmNIC.kext is being loaded for the WiFi card to work. What does yours show?

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 01.11.07.png IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcmNIC.kext

You may need to add AirportBrcmFixup.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder, with a corresponding entry in your config.plist. Using ProperTree and the OC Clean Snapshot feature will add the necessary config.plist entries for the kext and its plugins.

Just make sure you don't Enable AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext, as that doesn't work in macOS since the last release of Catalina. See this Github page for details, at the bottom of the page.

Edwin

AMD OS X Member
I thought it would be wise to do a clean install of Big Sur, NOT!!! Now I cannot create a bootable EFI on a thumb drive. I'm more a ''drag 'n drop'' kinda guy :-( I tried to but it's not my thing, all that typin' and debuggin'. Gives me the creeps!

Edwin

AMD OS X Member

It works!!!

Edwin

AMD OS X Member
I just put the network card in another port. Et Voila!

Edwin

AMD OS X Member

Just one thing I noticed: somehow I cannot safe files to my Hackintosh. Any idea?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The only thing I can think would cause that is the population of the supposed 'Free' space on drive with snapshots of the system files.

You might want to have a look and see if this Apple Support page is any help.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry that link is for Disk Utility in Monterey, not Big Sur. Not sure you can get the same view of the APFS snapshots in Big Sur.

Here is a link to the Disk Utility guide for Big Sur.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.