Bluetooth issues [12.4 Monterey]

nasir.rasul

AMD OS X Member
I can't seem to get my Bluetooth working. Based on the guide, I have Broadcom kexts, as I'm using that rather than onboard. With Intel kexts, I had stability issues.

Wifi works, so I am hoping BT also works, unless I got a dud.

My EFI is available at https://github.com/mnrasul/hackintosh-config/releases/tag/monterey-installs-2

My kexts are as follows.

Specs:
Wifi: BCM94360CS2 1200Mbps 802.11ac Wireless WiFi Adapter PCI-E WLAN Card with Bluetooth 4.0 for MAC
Processor: 5950x
Motherboard: x570 Creator Asus
Graphics: 6900XT Founders edition

In Bios, I have the onboard WiFi and Bluetooth disabled, instead I am expecting the BCM94360CS2 Bluetooth to get picked up (somehow).

more details: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Rtthk9

Thank you.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Most logical place to look would be the USBPorts.kext, to see if the Broadcom BT module is being activated.

Have you disabled the USB port that served the Intel BT module?
Have you activated the USB port that serves the Broadcom BT module?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Remove all those kexts you've added for the card. I also use a BCM94360CS2 and have added nothing for it to work. The card is used by Apple and works OOB as long as you've mapped your USB correctly the BT will work without issues.

nasir.rasul

AMD OS X Member
Most logical place to look would be the USBPorts.kext, to see if the Broadcom BT module is being activated.

Have you disabled the USB port that served the Intel BT module?
Have you activated the USB port that serves the Broadcom BT module?
I disabled Intel from mother board... I need to figure out how USB mapping enabling/disabling works...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
When you look in the /EFI/OC/Kexts/USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist from your setup. It shows that XHC0-61 > PRT6 is listed as the bluetooth USB connection. I assume this is the Intel Bluetooth module.

Screenshot 2022-06-04 at 18.02.07.png XHC0 controller, Port PRT6 highlighted - Intel Bluetooth module.

So you would need to disable/remove this port from the Info.plist within your USBPorts.kext.

You would need to undertake the USB port discovery again, once your Broadcom card is installed and you have connected the card to one of the motherboard USB headers.

Your motherboard has 3 x USB2 headers along the base of the board, as highlighted in the image below.

Asus X570 ProArt MB.png Asus ProArt X570 Creator WiFi motherboard - USB2 headers highlighted

These 3 x headers can provide a total of 6 x USB2 ports. Any of these ports in use must be set with the Connector Type 'Internal' (255) for them to work correctly. So if you have any case front ports connected to one or more of these headers they should be set as Internal not USB2.

nasir.rasul

AMD OS X Member
When you look in the /EFI/OC/Kexts/USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist from your setup. It shows that XHC0-61 > PRT6 is listed as the bluetooth USB connection. I assume this is the Intel Bluetooth module.

View attachment 6003 XHC0 controller, Port PRT6 highlighted - Intel Bluetooth module.

So you would need to disable/remove this port from the Info.plist within your USBPorts.kext.

You would need to undertake the USB port discovery again, once your Broadcom card is installed and you have connected the card to one of the motherboard USB headers.

Your motherboard has 3 x USB2 headers along the base of the board, as highlighted in the image below.

View attachment 6004 Asus ProArt X570 Creator WiFi motherboard - USB2 headers highlighted

These 3 x headers can provide a total of 6 x USB2 ports. Any of these ports in use must be set with the Connector Type 'Internal' (255) for them to work correctly. So if you have any case front ports connected to one or more of these headers they should be set as Internal not USB2.
Thank you - this is a solid lead. Let me run this down.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Is the Intel module not removable/replaceable? It looks like it might unscrew from the underneath of the board.

nasir.rasul

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, I still haven't been able to get back to trying out the suggestion, I will post updates hopefully by the weekend (if not during the week).

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you, I still haven't been able to get back to trying out the suggestion, I will post updates hopefully by the weekend (if not during the week).

I recently built a Hackintosh using the Asus X570 Creator based on AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX CX570 EFI and I too am having trouble getting the 3 internal USB 2.0 headers recognized by MacOS therefore the Fenvi T919 Broadcom BT is not functioning, even tho it is recognized in System Preferences.

have you mapped your USB Ports? If so, you you mind sharing your USBmap.kext?

I too have disabled the on board Wifi and BT.

Interestingly, USBmap.kext from Audiogod's EFI also disables USB 2.0 functionality on one of the 4 bottom most rear USB ports in the X570 Creator mobo although all rear ports work fine in USB 3.0 mode.

I may discard the Fenvi PCI AIC b/c I think it is forcing my 6900 XT into 8x mode rather than 16x (at least according to CPU-z in Win 11 Pro), which I absolutely will not stand for. I'm going to pull the fenvi Wi-Fi/BT card from my system tonight to see if 16x functionality is restored to my 6900 XT. strangely, even with the Fenvi card installed, Monterey 12.4 says that the 6900 XT is linked at 16x.. go figure!

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just an update here... somehow 2 internal usb headers came to life they show up as USB 2.0 Hub" in Hackintool.

I was able to connect my old Magic Keyboard and my AirPods Pro using the BT in the Fenvi T919... I was even able to connect it to my LG OLED TV and stream the audio from my Hackintosh to my Home Theater speakers which connect to the LG OLED though ARC. it was kind of amazing!

unfortunately the joy was short lived.

Even though I powered up YouTube and listened to about 45 seconds of audio through my AirPods pro when I 1st connected them, over time I noticed that the keyboard would intermittently disconnect after about 30 seconds and then reconnect once I hit a few keys.. it was unusable.

it turns out the same is true of the AirPods Pro.. on subsequent attempts to listen to YouTube videos through the AirPods pro, I found that they would manually disconnect unexpectedly.. though they would stay connected for more than 30 seconds at a time, which was not the case for my keyboard.

in any case, this situation was unsustainable.

when I thought I couldn't get the internal USB 2.0 headers working on my ASUS X570 Creator mobo, I decided to try the ASUS USB-B400 dongle and I have to say, it totally works like a charm. it is based on the BCM20702AO and is supported natively in MacOS out of the box with zero patching.

$15 well spent in my opinion. the only thing I lost was a rear USB port, but I have 7 more to play with. I am actually typing this on my Apple Magic Mouse and haven't had one character drop.

nasir.rasul

AMD OS X Member
Thank you @Galve2000 . I will try that. I got some time this weekend to spend on this ... hopefully I'll get it working with either of the 2 approaches.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Guys,

Any news?

I finally started playing with board and got Big Sur installed waiting for my 6900XT (coming in tomorrow?).

So far:

Aquantia
BT

Are not working and the integrated WIFI jsut over Heliport.

Thinking of using a “genuine Apple BC” I currently use on my X570M and replace the internal Ax210

@Galve: does your setup with the USB BT dongle allow for Airdrop?
@all: how did you get the aquantia to work? I have tried with the quirk and spoofing the device id but no luck so far..:

Galve2000

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Galve: does your setup with the USB BT dongle allow for Airdrop?

Yes. The Fenvi T919 BT allows for Airdrop Handoff and unlock with Apple Watch.

the 7000X testing thread has info on how you can get both the i225 and the Aquantia 10 gig Lan ports to work under Monterey and Ventura on the X570 mobo.

patching for these start around page 50 of the thread IIRC, but when I have more time I will check the thread and link here.

Sharky

AMD OS X Member
Yes. The Fenvi T919 BT allows for Airdrop Handoff and unlock with Apple Watch.

the 7000X testing thread has info on how you can get both the i225 and the Aquantia 10 gig Lan ports to work under Monterey and Ventura on the X570 mobo.

patching for these start around page 50 of the thread IIRC, but when I have more time I will check the thread and link here.
Thanks for your swift reply.

I have understood that the Fenvi cut your 6900Xt (which version do you have?) link down to 8x, thus you have installed and Asus BT dongle. Does it also work with Handoff / Airdrop as well?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Mini USB WiFi Adapter 1300Mbps EDUP USB 3.0 WiFi Dongle​

Somebody has tested this adapter ? i installed it, i can see it green in the network panel when it is plugged , but there no internet connection

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.