Bluetooth inquiry

ziocomposite

AMD OS X Member
Hey all,

Recently installed the newest 10.15.17 and added a "drop in" m.2 bluetooth/wifi.

So far Wifi works great but can't seem to figure out the bluetooth portion. Is a kext necessary to enable this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.12.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 6.12.54 PM.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 3

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
Is your wifi module plugged directly into your motherboard's M.2 slot? I have the same BCM94360NG wifi module as yours, but it is plugged into an PCIe to M.2 adapter card. This adapter card has a cable that connects to an internal USB2 header on the motherboard. If that cable is not connected to an internal USB2 header, then bluetooth won't work. If your motherboard already has an M.2 slot for wifi, then I'm not sure how it handles the bluetooth connection.

EDIT: Also, you shouldn't need kext, the wifi module you have is fully supported in MacOS. It sounds like a hardware configuration issue.

ziocomposite

AMD OS X Member
Is your wifi module plugged directly into your motherboard's M.2 slot? I have the same BCM94360NG wifi module as yours, but it is plugged into an PCIe to M.2 adapter card. This adapter card has a cable that connects to an internal USB2 header on the motherboard. If that cable is not connected to an internal USB2 header, then bluetooth won't work. If your motherboard already has an M.2 slot for wifi, then I'm not sure how it handles the bluetooth connection.

EDIT: Also, you shouldn't need kext, the wifi module you have is fully supported in MacOS. It sounds like a hardware configuration issue.
To update got a replacement module installed and as you said works perfectly! Thanks again =)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.