Black screen with refresh rates over 120hz

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
Is this something anyone here had managed to fix? I’m using an RX 5700XT. I am on Monterey right now but had the same issue on Big Sur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Is this something anyone here had managed to fix? I’m using an RX 5700XT. I am on Monterey right now but had the same issue on Big Sur.

HDMI or DP? Because I'm in Monterey too at 144hz.

Seyven

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried with HDMI?

elixir

AMD OS X Member
my AOC monitor connected directly to rx 5700xt via DP and set at 144hz with no blackouts, check your DP cable

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
To clarify, basically everything above this current refresh rate results in this issue. I was also wondering though, I did flash my 5700 with 5700XT firmware. Could this be the culprit?
Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 10.20.37 PM.png

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
To clarify, basically everything above this current refresh rate results in this issue. I was also wondering though, I did flash my 5700 with 5700XT firmware. Could this be the culprit?
Quite possibly.

I honestly can't understand what you expected to gain with that flashing. Do you even see any meaningful performance increase, worthy of risking the entire card..?
It's not like all those disabled compute units will suddenly spring to life with new firmware. Even if that could somehow happen, there's a reason chip had those silicon parts disabled - if they were working properly, chip would be sold as pricier 5700 XT.

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
Quite possibly.

I honestly can't understand what you expected to gain with that flashing. Do you even see any meaningful performance increase, worthy of risking the entire card..?
It's not like all those disabled compute units will suddenly spring to life with new firmware. Even if that could somehow happen, there's a reason chip had those silicon parts disabled - if they were working properly, chip would be sold as pricier 5700 XT.
Only barely saw a benefit. Haven't noticed anything flakey on it and it is a dual bios card so no risk here.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Only barely saw a benefit. Haven't noticed anything flakey on it and it is a dual bios card so no risk here.
Then switch to original BIOS for 5700 and see if black screens are gone. If not, something else is an issue.

palote99

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
View attachment 4206

Hi... its all about your monitor. (M27Q)... Ive been experience that issue today. I just recieve today a Gigabyte M27Q and ive been getting mad all day... because as soon I change Herts over 120 i get a black screen.... Changing monitor to my old monitor and at same settings get signal straight away... So after a lot os testing the result is that M27Q is the problem... I updated the firmware of the monitor from F02 to F04 and didnt solve the problem.... HDMI works but DP NO.

Hope it helps and sorry for my poor english...

Cheers!

ClemHarvey

AMD OS X Member
I would try looking into your max resolution and refresh rate. I truly think it's just a Monterey beta issue (mentioned here), probably with the Max hz your device supported. The few times I've used my Mac with my monitor, I know it works at 60hz but I usually use it at 16:9 in pbp mode which is also 120hz.

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
I would try looking into your max resolution and refresh rate. I truly think it's just a Monterey beta issue (mentioned here), probably with the Max hz your device supported. The few times I've used my Mac with my monitor, I know it works at 60hz but I usually use it at 16:9 in pbp mode which is also 120hz.

This happened on big sur too.

Deleted member 12783

AMD OS X Member
Hi... its all about your monitor. (M27Q)... Ive been experience that issue today. I just recieve today a Gigabyte M27Q and ive been getting mad all day... because as soon I change Herts over 120 i get a black screen.... Changing monitor to my old monitor and at same settings get signal straight away... So after a lot os testing the result is that M27Q is the problem... I updated the firmware of the monitor from F02 to F04 and didnt solve the problem.... HDMI works but DP NO.

Hope it helps and sorry for my poor english...

Cheers!

Oof… I have another monitor I can test to verify so I’ll see if this is the case.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.