Black screen while booting into installation (recovery dmg)

gytis

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

Not a first timer in terms of hackintoshes, but back then I was hackintoshing with intel cpu and clover, so a lot is quite new to me.

I've used the dortania guide to prepare for installation (everything done in windows), baked config.plist, used macrecovery to get dmg and chunklist files for booting, checked my bios and turned on/off everything that I could and successfully booted into opencore which shows "Windows" and "MAC (external) (dmg)" options. When trying to boot into MAC option, I was getting error "OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported", I think that was with LauncherOption set to "Full", now i have it disabled. After this error, I also tried to redownload dmg files and swapped opencore to debug version. Now instead of error, screen goes black (monitor does not lose signal) and nothing happens until I reboot.

Did I miss something in config.plist? Where should I begin to look for problems? I've included log provided by opencore, tried reading it but to my untrained eyes, it seems it had more issues finding windows efi than booting mac recovery. One thing

My EFI>OC folder structure:
Code:
ACPI:
    SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
Drivers:
    HfsPlus.efi
    OpenRuntime.efi
Kexts:
    AppleALC.kext
    Lilu.kext
    NVMeFix.kext
    RealtekRTL8111.kext
    VirtualSMC.kext
    WhateverGreen.kext
Resources left as it is
Tools:
    OpenShell.efi
Opencore.efi
config.plist

Specs:
Code:
MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk (non max)
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Sapphire rx580 8gb
ST: M.2 250gb
RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhz

Attachments

• opencore-2021-06-15-011945.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Upload your EFI folder and I'll take a look.

gytis

AMD OS X Member
Hello,
Thanks for helping :)
Attached EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Couldn't see much wrong but try this. Also double check your BIOS settings.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 10

gytis

AMD OS X Member
Just tried it, it started with black screen, few minutes passed and got "OCB: LoadImage failed - Unsupported" error. Opencore didn't produce a log file. Could it be that basesystem.dmg file is at fault or maybe USB stick is bad? Double checked it and it's GPT FAT32, so it should work. Also double checked bios, few things to point out:
Above 4G is enabled, Sata is in AHCI mode, XHCI Hand-off is enabled, Legacy USB support is enabled, Serial(COM) port is disabled, ErP is disabled, Bios is in UEFI mode, Secure boot is disabled, couldn't find fast boot option in bios at all though, Wake up event is selected "BIOS", SVM is disabled.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try enabling UEFI -> APFS -> JumpstartHotPlug.
If that doesn't work then I suspect that the installer is damaged somehow. Download and recreate the USB using the current EFI folder.

gytis

AMD OS X Member
JumpstartHotPlug made it boot into installer and it successfully installed. Is it ok to keep JumpstartHotPlug enabled or should I still search for what's causing the issue? Thanks a lot for your help!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
It’s fine to keep enabled.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.