bigsur no sound

makabaka

anyone can help me?i'm a chinese man.my english is not well.my deskPC can running.but if i'm tried to reboot from win10.my mac is no sound.i added alctsel=1,but no work!
platform
msi b550 mortar no wifi
ryzen3600
rx560

Last edited:

makabaka

The correct boot arg is alcid=
Maybe that's where you're going wrong. It could also be a different layout ID other than 1.
Maybe that's where you're going wrong. It could also be a different layout ID other than 1.

thank for your help.i understand that you say.my boot arg is alcid=7.i mean that when mac os reboot from win10. it no sound.i try to added alctsel=1.but no work.like this AppleALC not working from Windows reboot
If you find that rebooting from Windows into macOS breaks audio, we recommend adding alctsel=1 to boot-arg

Last edited:

dmls

thank for your help.i understand that you say.my boot arg is alcid=7.i mean that when mac os reboot from win10. it no sound.i try to added alctsel=1.but no work.like this AppleALC not working from Windows reboot
If you find that rebooting from Windows into macOS breaks audio, we recommend adding alctsel=1 to boot-arg
msi motherboard alcid usually 10 or 11

makabaka

msi motherboard alcid usually 10 or 11
yeah!i am tried to 7/11,it seem to be used,actually it No sound from speaker after booting into Windows, adding alctsel=1 doesn't help, have to poweroff one time to make the sound working again.help me!omg!😱FK crazy!

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try clearing the NVRAM from the boot picker.

dmls

yeah!i am tried to 7/11,it seem to be used,actually it No sound from speaker after booting into Windows, adding alctsel=1 doesn't help, have to poweroff one time to make the sound working again.help me!omg!😱FK crazy!
I had the same problem yesterday , I kept debugging until early morning!.
I came across a post about uninstalling the windows Realtek driver and using the driver that comes with windows. Restart to MacOS sound is normal

Top Bottom