BigSur is crashing with NVME as systemdisk , but with system on SATA SSD stable

sx1

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

I'm stuck since days now, maybe somebody has a tip:
Doesn't matter, if I install the system directly on NVME or if it was cloned with Carbon Copy Cloner. As soon as I want to start the system from NVME it crashes after a while at the installation process or some seconds after login.
I already tried Samsung 970 Evo Plus (with new firmware 2BXXXX) , 970 Pro or ADATA X8200 with Phison Controller . ALso treied with and withour nvmefix.kext
It is strange that system is totally stable, if I start it from the SATA SSD, even iMessage, etc. is working..
My config is attached, no changes regarding USB Ports, etc. implemented for now. I just want to get the NVME working first.

Some help would be really nice,
Thanks
Sven

System:
BigSur 11.2.1 (20D75)
OpenCore 0.6.6 , kext's (newest ones) like in the attached config
Mainboard: Asus Prime X399-A
CPU: Threadripper 1920
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB
RAM: GSkill
SSD: Corsair 250GB
NVME: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (newest Firmware 2BXXXX) or 970 Pro or ADATA X8200 ( Phison Controller)

PS:
I have another system up and running with nearly the same config and MSI X399 Creation, thereb the ADATA X8200 NVME runs perfectly fine even without any SSDT-ECXXX.aml

Attachments

• config_Prime399A.plist
    50.8 KB · Views: 1

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
Hi,

I'm stuck since days now, maybe somebody has a tip:
Doesn't matter, if I install the system directly on NVME or if it was cloned with Carbon Copy Cloner. As soon as I want to start the system from NVME it crashes after a while at the installation process or some seconds after login.
I already tried Samsung 970 Evo Plus (with new firmware 2BXXXX) , 970 Pro or ADATA X8200 with Phison Controller . ALso treied with and withour nvmefix.kext
It is strange that system is totally stable, if I start it from the SATA SSD, even iMessage, etc. is working..
My config is attached, no changes regarding USB Ports, etc. implemented for now. I just want to get the NVME working first.

Some help would be really nice,
Thanks
Sven

System:
BigSur 11.2.1 (20D75)
OpenCore 0.6.6 , kext's (newest ones) like in the attached config
Mainboard: Asus Prime X399-A
CPU: Threadripper 1920
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 2 GB
RAM: GSkill
SSD: Corsair 250GB
NVME: Samsung 970 Evo Plus (newest Firmware 2BXXXX) or 970 Pro or ADATA X8200 ( Phison Controller)

PS:
I have another system up and running with nearly the same config and MSI X399 Creation, thereb the ADATA X8200 NVME runs perfectly fine even without any SSDT-ECXXX.aml
Have you tried any of the SATAUnsupported.kext(s)?

sx1

AMD OS X Member
SATA is working fine! NVME is not working
and if you mean the sataunsupported kext from rehabman, this is for intel 100,200 and 300 chipsets.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Crashes how? Do you have any logs or images?

sx1

AMD OS X Member
Sorry I was not exact, not crashes but Display is not reactive anymore. I can move the mouse but clicking is not working and after 30 sec it reboots. Thatswhy I do not have logs, at least I don't know where to find after reboot.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hard to say without knowing what's happening. Is this the first stage of the installer? If so can you open the installer log, change it to show all messages and record what's happening so we can see where the log goes.
The other thing that may help is sorting out the MMIO whitelist. It's required to fix some things on Threadripper.

sx1

AMD OS X Member
Sounds like a good idea and worth to check... WIll try in the evening thx Shaneee... But I'm already thinking abou selling Board and TR 1920 (got it cheap for less than 400$) and buying another combo, because I would like to have a system with Thunderbolt.. I'm looking and at the moment I tend to an LGA1200 system(msi mag b460 mortar) . maybe 2 questions even if it is off topic, is there a good b550 or x570 alternative with working thunder bolt 3? and what about thunderbolt 4? are you aware of working configs with tb4? Thx in advance

p.s.: but still I will try to make the threadripper combo work...

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I can't be for sure about it working but there may be a post or two on here. The ASRock X570 Creator has TB3. Or you get the GIGABYTE AORUS PRO X570 and the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe for TB.
For the Threadripper concerning MMIO, if you're not sure let me know.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.