Big Sur slightly laggy on ryzen 5 3600 and newest open core

Lilybeanz

AMD OS X Member
I have an Alienware aurora r10 ryzen edition with ryzen 5 3600, rx 5600 OEM GPU, 16GB ram, 256GB ssd and I followed the dortania guide to the T and installed Big Sur successfully on my pc with everything working except for WiFi using opencore. I notice that I have a slight lag with Big Sur. My GPU has full metal support out of box. I patched the config plist properly with latest amd patch. I don’t know what is causing the lag any help is greatly appreciated !

slavezeo

AMD OS X Member
I had a weird almost stuttering lag every few seconds on my R10 also. It was the combination of my monitor with the 5700 XT NAVI card which was causing it. If I hooked my R10 to a different monitor the lag went completely away. Also I'm using a different video card in my R10 right now and the lag is not there.

My display is a DELL S3220DGF 32inch 2560x1440 at 164Hz. It was connected via Display port 1.4 and I tried HDMI 2.0 2560x1440 at 120Hz. Both settings did the same. When I unhooked the DELL S3220DGF and connected a smaller DELL monitor the lag was completely gone.

I'm not sure this is the same problem as yours but it might be a direction to look at.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.